build thread for my van!!

Nice... I had a T25 a few years ago but the head gasket blew up on me! Would love to get another some time

Andy B":mpp89wz9 said:
Just buy the 1 single for the front

had to buy a pair! single fronts are like rocking horse poo! :shock: (rare! for those that don't understand that comment)

i got a pair 2nd hand in good nick for £500, but brand new a single front is £800!

so now i have spare front drivers side to sell.

Looking good. and the way the rear is boxed means it will be useful fo things other than bikes too.

Can the spare drivers seat be slotted in next to the double in the rear?

jonnyboy666":2gijco0m said:
well the vw rear seats cost a fortune! about 1300 if memory serves but as i'm not ever gonna sit there i didn't want to spend that money. i did want a pair of single seats upfront though so it made sense to move the double seat to the rear giving 4 seats in total although it's rare for me to have more than 3 of us in the van so comfort should be fine.

the space is also useful at the mo and long term i could fit a sink/cooker/fridge/units etc so we'll see what happens long term as to what changes or upgrades i might make. the way Jon built it is so that it can be changed easily, that's how he likes to do things, even with his camper conversions each is individual to the vehicle and made to measure as opposed to a fixed pre-built unit that fits in from the back.

as it is it leaves scope for change

:D

+1 good thinking ;) the glue smell will go after about 3 to 4 months ;)
Nice build bud :cool:

Ernie ;)

why not fit the spare drivers seat next to the double?

nice looking van - i will drop you a pm in a couple of days as i'm after something similar for my next vehicle to cope with both family & business duties.

That looks superb. Always surprised by how little room there is in the back of these though. I have a Synergie and I reckon I can get more stuff in it than a SWB transporter.

Back