Bridal paths finally being cleared after 16 years !!!

NickD":mpzxu8ae said:
The shop was in town, bottom of the hill and then along a bit, on the right. I can't remember the name of the guy who owned it. (or the name of the street I lived on, but it has been 10 years since I've visited)

That would be Joe Hayward's Summit Cycles.
2298036752_9d6850864e_o.jpg

That long ago it may have been 'the cycle doctor' ? he was in that shop for a while, he was also round the corner at one time too.

greenstiles":ylcfbz8l said:
That long ago it may have been 'the cycle doctor' ? he was in that shop for a while, he was also round the corner at one time too.

That'll be the one - he had the lease on the whole building and I rented the upstairs flat.

I used to get free components for helping him out with stuff in the shop.

That picture brings back memories - I really should go back at some point.

Ah yes, sorry I missed the "10 years ago" part. Not sure how long Joe's been there now but it's not 10 years. 6 maybe..? Yes I remember the Llanbadarn Road location too. really cute little shop that was.

And lets not forget Les's cycles that used to be on the crossing opposite spar ...............famous for the 2 smoking gentlemen that never seemed to notice that you had entered the shop !

NickD":a7pp85o8 said:
There was also a kind of charity/bike rental place too. They sold used components for pennies.

CRAFT had a cycle section which was run by a mate of mine, John. He moved on though and the cycle section closed.

UPDATE...........I had an email off the paths guy who said they will be doing bits here and there, as they are waiting to hear about funding for next year. So fingers crossed they get enough to continue. Some sections are complete....but be warned others are not so you may come to a dead end or a sudden drop into a stream !!! Most paths are shaley(natural slate in the ground) but obviously as they are fresh a bit muddy too.....................looks like they will be left natural i.e. and will have to compact over time. I will do my bit, by riding over and over them till there just right ! ;)

Back