My contribution to mountain biking in Mid Wales

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Came across these the other day. In about 92/93 I used to make very very very basic maps on a photocopier for local trails. Only have some prototypes left. Also walked all the bridal ways in the area and talked with the Forestry commission / farmers about signage, cycling on there land etc. They used to just have a pic of a bike ! So they (allegedly) stole our ' traffic light system for a while, with posts with red,amber,green arrow markers (but think they used blue not green). I forgive them ;)

Please don't forget some of the early pioneers who wrote early guide books and people that help build the early trails. And all the unlikely looking riders young and some quite old who blazed their own way where no one had ridden before, I knew of many unsung heroes who never got any credit for helping open access to bikes. And how history has been altered to make certain modern custodians look they started it all themselves !
maps001.jpg

maps004.jpg

maps002.jpg

It's cool that you still have that. I guess there was a lot of that sort of stuff going on BITD. The FC asked me to produce a map of Haughmond Hill in Shropshire around 1990 IIRC (and judging my my copy of an old Ridgeback advert I drew on it!). I did one for them, and and a copy for myself:

182830_501076417809_666307809_6348246_2517763_n.jpg

Re: My contribution to mountain biking in Wales

greenstiles":145ijfrs said:
Came across these the other day. In about 92/93 I used to make very very very basic maps on a photocopier for local trails. Only have some prototypes left. Also walked all the bridal ways in the area and talked with the Forestry commission about signage, cycling on there land etc. They used to just have a pic of a bike ! So they (allegedly) stole our ' traffic light system for a while, with posts with red,amber,green arrow markers (but think they used blue not green). I forgive them ;)

Please don't forget some of the early pioneers who wrote early guide books and people that help build the early trails. I knew of many unsung heroes who never got any credit.
maps001.jpg

maps004.jpg

maps002.jpg

Quality that mate! Could have done with those maps as I was round the Dolgellau/Barmouth area for a bimble on Saturday... :D

Back