brake/gear cable cutters

I just got some from Merlin, about a tenner, got me through finishing teh Fox, but wish i'd invested better now really as its struggling with cutting outers now

kaiser":1m9uvl9m said:
For a rough as a badgers approach, try a set of pliers, i.e. the cutting bit and hit the grips with a hammer. Nice hard surface and if the pliers have no plastic grips all the better. Remember to protect your eyes though. :LOL:

always been a fan of this method as long as the cutting edges are reasonably sharp it works very well ;)

cable cutters

Shimano are the best IMHO, last forever and stay super sharp.
Two thumbs up from me :D

Jamie

legrandefromage":1ha49lw3 said:
I found some German 'Piano Power' wire cutters lying in the street - best cutters I've ever had.

I believe you but sometimes your winding us up right? :LOL: :LOL:

I begrudgingly handed over a lot of beer money (£20?) for some Shimano cable cutters to GA Cycles in Southampton (not so begrudgingly now I know that JonnyBoy666 ?? used to work there, but anyway) at least 10 years ago.

Still going strong.

And believe me, with the addiction this site causes, I've changed brakes, mechs, shifters a lot recently!

for so many years , I refused to pay £15 for a set of cable cutters .

last year i decided it was time , and YES it makes life so much easier . :LOL:

got some cheap one on CRC .

kaiser":2r4p30jt said:
legrandefromage":2r4p30jt said:
I found some German 'Piano Power' wire cutters lying in the street - best cutters I've ever had.

I believe you but sometimes your winding us up right? :LOL: :LOL:

I know, I know but its true - just at the entrance to St. Neots Train station, lying in the road, bets cutters I've used.

Back