boy"O"boy's 1991 Orange Aluminium "O"

Great project this, coming together nicely. The decals Gil has done look great. I hope it is your frame of years ago.. wouldn't that be something. :cool:
Given me impetus to start my Alu o project over the winter...

Cheshire1980":3i5c972q said:
Great project this, coming together nicely. The decals Gil has done look great. I hope it is your frame of years ago.. wouldn't that be something. :cool:

Cheers Calum.
What's your Ali 'O' project you've got starting then? - Have you managed to get yourself an Orange and White fade?

boy"O"boy

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":2sv7zcpg said:
Lovely stuff mate, be ace if it was your original!

It would be Ace Edd. Unfortunately, with no record of frame number frame the original purchase, I can only hope it is! - It's definitely narrowed down the chances is it is though, there can't be many 2nd Batch frames that have had that modification. I did ask the seller when I bought the frame off eBay in 2006 if he had anymore parts to go with it. Ended up with a USE seatpost but was hoping for an 1 1/4" Custom stalk! :D

More progress coming soon..... and a Dynatech project.

boy"O"boy

boy"O"boy":1xjtqioj said:
Cheshire1980":1xjtqioj said:

Cheers Calum.
What's your Ali 'O' project you've got starting then? - Have you managed to get yourself an Orange and White fade?

boy"O"boy

No luck with the orange white fade.. :facepalm:
I have an Alu O frame which i plan to strip, and respray, will try and copy the 92 brochure O's, which donned the 1 1/4 Silver alloy forks. The decals i plan to get Gil to do... I've also got a one piece stem and bar, in 1 1/4 cromolly, that orange did in the early 90s, so will respray that also.

Cheshire1980":1nqq5art said:
boy"O"boy":1nqq5art said:
Cheshire1980":1nqq5art said:

Cheers Calum.

boy"O"boy

I have an Alu O frame which i plan to strip, and respray, will try and copy the 92 brochure O's, which donned the 1 1/4 Silver alloy forks. The decals i plan to get Gil to do... I've also got a one piece stem and bar, in 1 1/4 cromolly, that orange did in the early 90s, so will respray that also.

Looking forward to seeing that one progress. Is the inspiration picture the one Kevin Sabiston is riding hard into the corner? ( smallest pic in the '92 brochure!! :LOL: :LOL: )

Will look good I reckon! - Gil's got them decals on file so shouldn't be a problem.

Envious of that 1 1/4" Cromoly Custom Stalk though....here's a snapshot of the orange/ white fade prototype sporting a custom stalk and some of the '92 Aluminium 'O' info from the brochure.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• '92Oinfo.JPG
    '92Oinfo.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 906
  • AliOprototype.JPG
    AliOprototype.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 906
Two minds, which to go for
Option 1. Spray it black myself, and this would be much cheaper option, or option 2 send it off to have a orange white fade respray.. undecided, depends on funds after xmas partly, what do you reckon?

Re:

Bob Jackson do a lovely orange/white fade Calum, very close to the original. They did the 2007 Clockworks. ;)

I don’t live too far away so if you decide to go down that route i’d be happy to take your frame over and make sure they knew where to put the decals etc.

Love that prototype picture Ben, not seen that before. :cool:

Thanks Ed, will have a think about it.
The Prototype is in mountain biker magazine 1991 may, can scan you a copy of it if you want.

Cheshire1980":32bc7dfa said:
boy"O"boy":32bc7dfa said:
Cheshire1980":32bc7dfa said:

Cheers Calum.

boy"O"boy

Been thinking on this one. - I'd love to see what mine would look like with the one piece custom stalk again. I probably wouldn't swap it out for the Syncros as that's become the signature of the build.....but I'm curious what that missing piece from the original would look like.... and why did I drop the equivalent price of the Syncros on the Custom stalk in the 1st place? :? :?
Would happily get yours resprayed with decals for you Calum - If I could fit it to mine for some pictures!.... just to Satisfy that curiosity of course. ;)

More pics of mine to come soon.... Helicoil problem sorted and Mavic rear mech fitted. Decals underway too.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Latest posts

Back