Bottom bracket cable guide hole on Dynatech too big

Gorilla glue. The superglue version would do this job. It is a long polymer type glue that is resilient.

I think the silicon idea would be a good quick temporary fix
I found an ideal solution - jack bolts.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/372228875618

I’ll fill you u in when they arrive
The M5 will expand and compress as a permanent fixture - in theory!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Of course...should have thought of those when I was reflecting on brass threaded inserts. If the outer diameter of the jack bolt is too small, you could hammer in a lipped collet and then insert the jack bolt.

Re: Re:

2manyoranges":1730xo1d said:
Of course...should have thought of those when I was reflecting on brass threaded inserts. If the outer diameter of the jack bolt is too small, you could hammer in a lipped collet and then insert the jack bolt.
Hi yes it’s the outer diameter I was concerned about
I’ll soon find out -
Thanks for your help - that’s why I love this site

Re:

I was working on a late 80s Raleigh winner today..... made me think of this thread, it had the largest rivetted on cable guide I've seen ever

was it a cheapskate Raleigh thing?

retrobikeguy":1lkjfsxk said:
I was working on a late 80s Raleigh winner today..... made me think of this thread, it had the largest rivetted on cable guide I've seen ever

was it a cheapskate Raleigh thing?
What? The bike? It’s a Dynatech Decade - certainly not cheapskate!
Do you have a picture of the rivet and underside pls?

Re:

I know,

i'm not saying your frames a cheapskate thing, i'm asking do you think raleigh did a cheapskate fix..... besides, alu rivet, its probably lighter than a bolt.

No pic ............., no time to , 120+ bikes to fix :LOL:

Well I solved the problem
It turned out to be so simple yet as with all simple things - sometimes you over complicate.
The jack bolt didn’t work as the thing was too big to fit inside - and as I bought some gorilla superglue I had a sudden epiphany - why not use a brass split clip? I don’t usually go for brasses but I went for this one - and it worked perfectly and cost me £1 from Wilkinson.

Trimmed the clip - put in - and it was secured -

Attachments

• 551644EF-FB69-4B46-8257-4391587E36C5.jpeg
    551644EF-FB69-4B46-8257-4391587E36C5.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 510
  • F921D555-2DF7-48C8-B331-A1194CFDC7EB.jpeg
    F921D555-2DF7-48C8-B331-A1194CFDC7EB.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 510
  • 3EEBAB1E-EF52-45B9-A897-BD6F71EA74F8.jpeg
    3EEBAB1E-EF52-45B9-A897-BD6F71EA74F8.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 510

retrobikeguy":27n2khny said:
I know,

i'm not saying your frames a cheapskate thing, i'm asking do you think raleigh did a cheapskate fix..... besides, alu rivet, its probably lighter than a bolt.

No pic ............., no time to , 120+ bikes to fix :LOL:
I reckon you’re right!!

Back