BOTM

Re: Re:

Bryncrug72":rc0opei2 said:
raidan73":rc0opei2 said:
I think the banter can be quite funny but I do sometimes think that a parallel thread for discussion should run alongside the nominations/voting threads in order to keep the entries clear and concise. Difficult at nomination stage I guess but the vote thread could be locked so that you can vote but not comment perhaps.

I agree, would probably work better, did you see this month before it was edited ?

I believe I did. Was that the "f**k you" etc etc?

Re:

yeah, i cleaned it up as what was said was simply not acceptable on the forum, arguing about specifics of a build and why you would/wouldn't vote for a particular model is one thing, direct abuse is not acceptable.

elite504":sx7p67qx said:
FMJ":sx7p67qx said:
Here ya go, GOB.
Just to be crystal stateside GOB. Football players on this side of the shore are not like your football players, who are more than capable of duelling. Our "soccer" players are fragile little things that cry a lot and roll around on the floor. Generally offensive to all things masculine really.

You think it's any different here? The last proper game of football played on these shores was Leeds United v Chelsea in 1971. You can catch it on youtube.
Ihave to say thoughI was very disappointed in the US/Russia hockey game at the Olympics. If ever there's a sport guaranteed a good punch up it's ice hockey, or is that just the Canadians?

Re: Re:

raidan73":3tm8hzav said:
Bryncrug72":3tm8hzav said:
raidan73":3tm8hzav said:
I think the banter can be quite funny but I do sometimes think that a parallel thread for discussion should run alongside the nominations/voting threads in order to keep the entries clear and concise. Difficult at nomination stage I guess but the vote thread could be locked so that you can vote but not comment perhaps.

I agree, would probably work better, did you see this month before it was edited ?

I believe I did. Was that the "f**k you" etc etc?

jonnyboy666":3tm8hzav said:
yeah, i cleaned it up as what was said was simply not acceptable on the forum, arguing about specifics of a build and why you would/wouldn't vote for a particular model is one thing, direct abuse is not acceptable.

I'm not surprised you did, it was getting personal ! :shock:

I was under the impression that BOTM was for individuals voting for their favourite bike out of the entries. The fact that some are trying to turn it into a Salon Privé for bikes is quite sad. What does it matter whether it's a 'non rider' or if it has scratches and knocks, it's about personal choice and not what concours judges would be looking for. It's turning into a circus and I don't think that was the original concept. Jeez, I'm starting to sound like the bitchers...shoot me NOW :facepalm:

Hotwheels.":2rw4ez7l said:
I was under the impression that BOTM was for individuals voting for their favourite bike out of the entries. The fact that some are trying to turn it into a Salon Privé for bikes is quite sad. What does it matter whether it's a 'non rider' or if it has scratches and knocks, it's about personal choice and not what concours judges would be looking for. It's turning into a circus and I don't think that was the original concept. Jeez, I'm starting to sound like the bitchers...shoot me NOW :facepalm:

Lets face it .... who kept their bikes standard original spec bitd ?
I don't really care if you ride it or look at it, if I like it that's the one I vote for !

girlonbike":urk3zodq said:
CTK":urk3zodq said:
I can't be the only one who likes the handbags? Come on own up :LOL:

What does that mean?! I love handbags too! :xmas-big-grin:

978x.jpg

yeti-man":3ia3fgjs said:
girlonbike":3ia3fgjs said:
CTK":3ia3fgjs said:
I can't be the only one who likes the handbags? Come on own up :LOL:

What does that mean?! I love handbags too! :xmas-big-grin:

978x.jpg

Is that a football team. One of the guys sitting down (with the bottle of water) looks very much like Miguel Indurain or even Abraham Olano. Or was the later just a clone of the former. A long lost doping method by the Spanish Cycling Federation ;)

The camo print was a bold and unexpected move for Louis Vuitton don't you think? :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Somebody shoot me again, please!!

I love the BOTM handbags, it's what makes it for me; cool bikes, bit of banter and loads of bitchiness - it's gone on for as long as I can be bothered to remember and happens every month without fail so why change a winning formula. Bit like a pub should be filled with drunk men putting the world to rights and insulting each other. Basically it's what the internet was designed for.

What I can't stand are the beigeboys who always pipe up with 'why can't we all just get along', 'it should only be about the bikes' or 'my mum said if you can't say something nice...' like socially inept primary school teachers.

This month's abuse was hilarious, sad that it's been removed but fortunately it looks like the love between the two protagonists could be rekindled for all to see at any moment, just poke the badgers with a stick and who knows when they might bite.

Why not impose a 'Kylie Friday' exclusion on BOTM so BOTM is free from over-moderation and middle-England sensibilities just as the erstwhile weekending Kylie threads were an oasis of pert bums and hotpants in a sea of sensible? (EDIT - actually BOTM does look a bit like BOTTOM so we're half way there already)

Back