BOTM

Re:

Must admit if I go straight in at page 9 and something has kicked off I do tend to read the rest instead of just looking at the pictures. :oops: :LOL:

CTK":1msmgyrs said:
I can't be the only one who likes the handbags? Come on own up :LOL:

What does that mean?! I love handbags too! :xmas-big-grin: But somehow I think we must be thinking of something different.

I think the competition is great. There's just a little hurt feelings now and then and the usual bickering about it but for the most part, it goes over well, doesn't it? I also like seeing peoples' prides and joys. It just seems like spirited fun to me.

so....do you have a favorite handbag?
:p

girlonbike":w7bcwkxi said:
What does that mean?! I love handbags too!

Here ya go, GOB.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/hand ... paces.html

pearl-harbor.jpg

Interesting. Handbag house.

and thank you FMJ. Learn something new every day. Even better that it involves football and handbags.

Re:

Thanks FMJ- yes handbags at 10 paces. Lots of puffed up chest against chest pushing in football as players know they can't raise a hand or headbutt as they'll be sent off. Their aim is to get a reaction out of the other player so as to get him sent off.

FMJ":28nxzhzc said:
Here ya go, GOB.
Just to be crystal stateside GOB. Football players on this side of the shore are not like your football players, who are more than capable of duelling. Our "soccer" players are fragile little things that cry a lot and roll around on the floor. Generally offensive to all things masculine really.

I like the banter and "if you cant take it you shouldn't dish it out" but perhaps it got a tad out of hand this month ?

I think the mods have deleted the abuse !

Re:

I think the banter can be quite funny but I do sometimes think that a parallel thread for discussion should run alongside the nominations/voting threads in order to keep the entries clear and concise. Difficult at nomination stage I guess but the vote thread could be locked so that you can vote but not comment perhaps.

Re: Re:

raidan73":3gbmg298 said:
I think the banter can be quite funny but I do sometimes think that a parallel thread for discussion should run alongside the nominations/voting threads in order to keep the entries clear and concise. Difficult at nomination stage I guess but the vote thread could be locked so that you can vote but not comment perhaps.

I agree, would probably work better, did you see this month before it was edited ?

Back