BotM October 2019 nominations SPLATTER AND FADE SPECIAL

Re: Re:

sinnerman":2yihthjt said:
Not sure about you guys, but you can never forget a cool bike, and the lobster is cool, as are most of the repeat entries into BOTM.

Trouble is, it would get very boring seeing the same bikes through a year. And year in, year out.

I guess, we could change the rules to get the numbers up, and simply keep trying to win the comp with the same bike until it wins..... :LOL:
Or run a month of BoTM of bikes that were entered previously but got 0 (zero) votes..?
;)

Re: Re:

Ah well :|

Re:

Or set a minimum time since the previous entry, example 36 months. I have many bicycles to present, but this is not the case for everyone, there would be another opportunity. Only winners would be excluded.
Cheers

Re:

Quote....

"You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time."

I think Abraham Lincoln said that.... :LOL:

I still think it wouldn’t hurt if you were allowed to enter 1 x open comp and as many themes as your bike qualifies for but only the once for a specific theme..

And no I don't think its the thin end of the wedge/end of RetroBike as we know it..... :roll:

Re:

But Why....?

If its not broke, theres nothing to fix.

If you have a bike you feel is good enough for BOTM, enter it.

When the comps over, find another project and have another go, whether you won or lost, it matters not, its part of the fun.

Entering the same bike every chance you get, will not only make it boring, it wont help encourage people to build and enter.

And lets face it, to suggest someone "forgot" they entered ther pride and joy into a competion, regardless of how far back is was is utter BS.

wipe your mouth, build another and have another go.

Its worked perfectly so far.

Back