BotM October 2018 Nominations please

Made it just in time.

Here's my 1992 Panasonic MC Pro. I bought it as a complete bike because I needed a good example of the "team" paint scheme to refurbish my 1991 Panasonic PR 6000 raceframe (a frame built for the 1991 pro team so worth refurbishing). The refurbishment of the PR6000 is still "work in progress" but in the mean time I started rebuilding this one with more correct parts (it had an XT gruppo of more recent date on it - parts I moved to my 1995 Colnago Master Alloy). I was lucky to find a very cheap bike with a complete XTR 8 speed groupset and that's how I managed to bring this one back to it's original glory.

It still needs some more "correct" parts (XTR headset, FD, small ring, 737 pedals and a "Japanese" stem) but even in this setup it's already my favourite.

Attachments

• LowRes1.jpg
    LowRes1.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 5,406
  • LowRes2.jpg
    LowRes2.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 5,406
Great colour scheme :cool:

raidan73":1gsdkai2 said:
Great colour scheme :cool:

Yes, it is. In all its simplicity, the combination of white, blue, yellow and orange works out fantastic. As I said, I have this PR6000 I want to refurbish but the "team" colour scheme was so simple it was too hard to copy without a decent example (to use the words of the sprayer).

Nice one, Wim :cool:!
What kind of condition pedals are you looking for: I got several sets of pd-m737's that have all been used to various extent, but are mostly still functional.
Is that an XTR seatpost, BTW?

Double-E F":2lwhq6v3 said:
Nice one, Wim :cool:!
What kind of condition pedals are you looking for: I got several sets of pd-m737's that have all been used to various extent, but are mostly still functional.
Is that an XTR seatpost, BTW?

Thanks!

O, functionality is my first concern. Tell me what you've got and I will count my money. ;-)

No, the seatpost is the one that originally came with these bikes and from an obscure brand called "Strong".

But I'm afraid I will have to rebuild this bike once more. I just found out the frame with the eyelets at the rear is the 1991 one, not the 1992. This explains why it had the black XT headset when I bought it. Probably this was the last remaining part of the original group.

But I think I will keep it period incorrect for a while. ;-)

And as my PR6000 is from 1991 too, it maybe is nice to know that I now have the top model of that year in race model as well as in mountainbike.

Attachments

• Pana7800.jpg
    Pana7800.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 5,371

Latest posts

Back