BotM October 2016 roll up, roll up - nominations please

Smithjss70":1ny1eeqk said:
Strong play Jim. Really liking the 92" T-Max with the gold hubs.

Thanks man - this is one of those bikes you need to ride to appreciate. I've had the good fortune to ride many high-end bikes of the late 80s to mid 90s and most (outside of being lovely aestheticly) don't really perform on the trail. I would argue this bike in the small percentage of vintage Mtbs you really need to own as a rider. Stiff as hell, but man is this a treat on the trail. I'm not sure if this passes my Yo, Brodie BHDT, or kestrel for tops, but it's close. If one comes your way jump at it.

Love the baseball bat tubing to.

Re:

As always, I'm amazed at the quality of bikes and builds out there. Absolute beauties this month. What I really like though is seeing snd learning of the unique bits of preserved history. That Kastle may be a bit too modified to be a contender, but man it's awesome! It looks like it would actually fit well too, which was so rare for the era. It also makes me nostalgic because I raced on Kastle skis almost right up until that bike was made. Same beautifuly ugly graphics and colors.

Apfelmus' 1996 Kona kilauea.

Sorry, no build thread available.

Cheers.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 9,077
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 9,077
Just love the purple/yellow yeti, great build thread... a hell of an afford and bold direction with it...I also like the more traditional Yeti of Minifreaks also :)

Thanks to all who entered this month. I'll get November's comp up and running later today and get this months poll up as soon as I get some decent wifi somewhere!

Back