BoTM BoTM May 2022 nominations - Kona Special, dedicated to the memory of @pipmeister

Bike of The Month
Spanky's build thread:

The thread linking process is quite simple. Just go to the thread to be linked, put your cursor in the address bar and select and copy all. Then go to the thread where you want the link to appear paste the copied text in a new message.

MattiThundrrr
Amateur Moderator
🤔🤯

Just looking through the entries and all we need is a 95 a 96 and 97 Explosif to complete the set, it'd be great to see all them together.

96 Explosif I can offer - but no build thread - so it's a non contender :rolleyes: .

I can offer only a 94 Explosif - but then thats just another one ...

Just looking through the entries and all we need is a 95 a 96 and 97 Explosif to complete the set, it'd be great to see all them together.
I have a 97 but unsure if I can enter twice, I also have a build thread for a 95 I no longer possess so thats out

Ok, here you go; my:

@magas 1996 Kona Explosif

owned by me from new. During all that years it had some kit on it until I decided to bring it back to OE-spec. some years ago. Somewhere at RB there are pics. of the rebuild but I could not find them.

I'm not into BoTM but for the memory of Pip this is a must for me.

As we come to the end of May can I just say what an amazing collection of Konas we own, some amazing builds on here and although I am biased, I think Konas represent the pinnacle of affordable dream bikes that look, with a bit of love and the right bits, utterly amazing. Kudos to everyone who built their dream bikes and to those that preserve even the lowliest spec bikes and keep them alive.

Last edited:
Back