BotM May 2016 - NOMINATIONS PLEASE

Thanks for all the entries and apologies for not getting the poll up yet. I shall do it over the weekend and there will be a full 7 days to vote when the poll goes up (I'll post a link to it here too)

raidan73":rx6kcguv said:
I meant to put this up yesterday but it slipped my mind. Another normal month for May but will try and think of a half decent theme for a special month in June.

Might I suggest theme ideas? I always like the BOTM posts, but my favourite ones are always the themed specials...

NOS, super-restored, catalogue matched bikes are always a treat to see, but I enjoy the down to earth beaters that keep performing despite the years. Therefore, I would love to see BOTM contests with things like:

-BOTM modest retrobikes (for example, anything below Deore LX level).
-BOTM for retro "pub bikes", even if beaten up and totally modified to replace whatever broke, but still doing their job
-BOTM for retro work bikes (but the real ones, not those carbon frame/carbon wheel immaculate bikes some post in the "work bikes" section but have never seen a rainy day or being chain-locked into a traffic sign in their life).
-BOTM for retrobikes in touring duty
-BOTM for retro specialty bikes: folding bikes, tandems, who knows?
-etc.

Thanks!

Thanks, always happy to have theme suggestions. There a few already lined up but I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Finally the poll is up for May viewtopic.php?f=1&t=350299

Titiritero":1rfzranv said:
raidan73":1rfzranv said:
I meant to put this up yesterday but it slipped my mind. Another normal month for May but will try and think of a half decent theme for a special month in June.

Might I suggest theme ideas? I always like the BOTM posts, but my favourite ones are always the themed specials...

NOS, super-restored, catalogue matched bikes are always a treat to see, but I enjoy the down to earth beaters that keep performing despite the years. Therefore, I would love to see BOTM contests with things like:

-BOTM modest retrobikes (for example, anything below Deore LX level).
-BOTM for retro "pub bikes", even if beaten up and totally modified to replace whatever broke, but still doing their job
-BOTM for retro work bikes (but the real ones, not those carbon frame/carbon wheel immaculate bikes some post in the "work bikes" section but have never seen a rainy day or being chain-locked into a traffic sign in their life).
-BOTM for retrobikes in touring duty
-BOTM for retro specialty bikes: folding bikes, tandems, who knows?
-etc.

Thanks!

Yes i got to agree with the down to earth beater theme bikes as their generally well used and well loved bikes and the phrase " Pride n Joy " springs to mind and i really appreciate the idea of catalogue specced bikes as it just shows the shear dedication and commitment that some members put into restoring their bikes but i'd love to see " Rough Diamonds " as a sub title on the not BOTM ;) ..

Back