BoTM May 2014 - Patina Special - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re:

makster":2ea4w2v3 said:
Mike Muz 67":2ea4w2v3 said:
It was the voices you see , well , Makster actually :LOL: :LOL:

Now send me all of your bank cards and pin numbers :LOL:

I have but one card , mate . Can't remember the PIN number , as I've joined this forum so I haven't needed it . Everything is firkin Paypal now :LOL: :LOL:

makster":3gl35mxr said:
I'm just waiting for Gravymonster to get his rat out :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:

The Rat did not take the bait , it still lives on ;) ........... it was previously entered into the Kona v GT special last year :(

Re:

The entries must either be a special or limited edition, ideally in the title to prevent argument. Go to work!

Oops! Missed this also. Withdraw my beater if this is not a typo. My apologies

My_Teenage_Self":17ipxj1e said:
raidan73":17ipxj1e said:
Admittedly it does significantly narrow down the possibly entries but I thought this was supposed to be special/limited editions, with patina, only :?

I assumed it was a leftover from the last special month, and John had cut and pasted in by accident...?

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I agree it looks like a cut and paste error. Clearly worn out and special edition would be too tough of a category.

The Pro's Closet is throwing Travis Brown's Bradbury FS Manitou into the ring.

This particular example is no garage queen: it belonged to former pro, olympian and current Trek mountain bike tester and brand ambassador – Travis Brown, who raced the Manitou FS during the 1992 season. The drivetrain is worn, there's a patina of dust and grime, and like many FS frames, the head tube is cracked (in five places).

Thread can be viewed here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=275434

This bike was also recently featured on BikeRadar:

http://www.bikeradar.com/us/mtb/gear/ar ... -fs-40889/

Patina gallery can be viewed here:

http://www.bikeradar.com/us/mtb/gallery ... -fs-40889/

travisbrown-1.jpg

1192Manitou1.jpg

Oooh dear, everyone else rolls-up their entries and goes home. Fantastic machine Nick, with history to boot.

theproscloset":36a6i4ns said:
The Pro's Closet is throwing Travis Brown's Bradbury FS Manitou into the ring.

This particular example is no garage queen

TOTAL garage queen! A race whip that's been collecting dust and rust for 20 yrs is not a patina'd bike imho. The head tube's cracked, surely no one's riding that bike?

This is exactly the kind of entry that takes the fun out of this comp for me. I thought this would be a great month for guys/gals to showcase some greatly loved rides.

Furthermore; This reminds me that every time I see an entry from you I feel I'm being advertised to. Nick, I get that you have a business to run but, I feel your participation in botm, under your business name, is wrong. If there were entries from user; Specialized, Giant, Schwinn or any other, where they entered bikes that are sitting in their corporate museums, I'd be unhappy about that too.

Maybe there needs to be a "pro" botm? I don't know of many competitions where amateurs must top professionals for the win. This just feels unfair to me. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back