BotM March 2018 nominations - Reynolds steel special

The History Man":x9b5qwfe said:
Is the Mercian toooo good?

Previous and only winner of best in show at Icon O Classic
So it’s gonna take a lot to beat it into second place.

But how many times have you thought something’s an out and out winner only to see it come a runner up.

I’m rather surprised how small the field is this month

Re:

I know what you mean. I thought my early 753 Zinn would be tough to beat, but recent comments would suggest it’s an also ran behind your magnificent Mercian.

Re: Re:

Hotwheels.":1m4srcdn said:
The History Man":1m4srcdn said:
OK then I'll make up the numbers, It's also had a new saddle, tyres and grips since this pic so I'll drag it out tomorrow if it stops snowing.....

Build thread in sig.

THM's 1984 Andy Powell Overbury's.

Your photography skills know no bounds.

Thank you. But surely the should ‘know no, know no know no, know no know no, know no know no limits....’.

jimi911":kxwdz30q said:
Jimi911’s 1994/5 Walter Croll Custom MTB - Reynolds 531

Another beauty into the mix! This themed month may be low on quantity, but not on quality.

Re:

I really think this was a good theme month ... and only a handful of entries??

Open invite for many Brit bikes, lots early 80s bikes, dekerfs, etc ... all use Reynolds ... zip.

I was going to enter my 1987 Fat, which I was told was custom order Reynolds frame with a prestige fork, but had not documentation.

I enter this out of some silly obsession with making a calendar year of BoTMs, I really could care less if I win, BTDT, but this competition means nothing without participation.

jimi911":3p6wkbk1 said:
I really think this was a good theme month ... and only a handful of entries??

Open invite for many Brit bikes, lots early 80s bikes, dekerfs, etc ... all use Reynolds ... zip.

I was going to enter my 1987 Fat, which I was told was custom order Reynolds frame with a prestige fork, but had not documentation.

I enter this out of some silly obsession with making a calendar year of BoTMs, I really could care less if I win, BTDT, but this competition means nothing without participation.

Wow....just saw the pics of this FAT again. Mindblowingly gorgeous bike. Still dreaming of a set of orignal box crown forks....more chance of winning the Lotto jackpot.....probably :facepalm:

Lovin the Zinn, Overburys, Mercian and this FAT. As usual the standard is crazy high in BOTM....

Back