BoTM Ideas Themes or Suggestions

I didnt realise retrobike had turned into a fascist state, with a uniformed need for all to conform to a single point of view like a heard of lemmings.

My sincerest apologeze "Herr Commandant".

Aside from that bullshit, if helps needed count me in ill find time.

But to be fair, a good jobs being done despite your comments and criticism of how the site/botm is managed.

I agree with Sinnerman (which is happening far too much at the moment! :facepalm: :LOL: ), it shouldn't have been hard to enter a Christmas related entry and it's a bit of fun. Shame, as I was going to sort an entry out. It'll wait until next year now.

I thought the christmas one was fine, feck BotM has been running a long time now. Not everyone needs it to be the same boring thing. And I'm sure you could have waited to post a bike from the most hated company in cycling at the moment till January and just ignored BotM for a month.

Biggest draw, really?

Biggest draw is people helping and chatting about old bikes, then distracted by buying old tat.
BotM is a small 5min side distraction.

It even comes lower than Sinnermans and Brocklanders new love affair and is nowhere near the highlight that was Bombaymix-gate.

Nothing wrong IMHO with the "seasonal" theme, but let me suggest maybe what was missing in this month's initial "setup" vs. October/Halloween:
- The Halloween instructions encouraged specific types of BIKES to be entered: *Frankenbike / restored, *Monster Fat, *You own the Wolfman Klein
- This month simply said "don't just put tinsel on it".

Now perhaps if the instructions this month had offered advice like:
- Bikes setup for snow riding (i know, very northern hemisphere centric thinking)
- Bikes with racks (for carrying presents)
- Bikes that are Green and/or Red
Maybe it would have worked out.

Obviously I thought October (which my Phoenix won) was a great month/theme. That bike would NEVER have won in a "normal" month.

Good points there Halaburt. I wondered about the "no tinsel" thing as well.

The rest of you lot; WTF? John has made it quite clear, for some time now, that he's struggling with the workload for BoTM. I asked who would like to help it along. The only respondent was Carl.

Weak sauce :evil:

John;
Would it be helpful to have a out-of-site thread where we could build the pole as entries are submitted? If a few regulars where doing the tedious cut and paste work regularly, you'd have a pole done and ready to go up at months end. Crazy idea?

trail_head":1iohvm2t said:
Good points there Halaburt. I wondered about the "no tinsel" thing as well.

The rest of you lot; WTF? John has made it quite clear, for some time now, that he's struggling with the workload for BoTM. I asked who would like to help it along. The only respondent was Carl.

John;
Would it be helpful to have a out-of-site thread where we could build the pole as entries are submitted? If a few regulars where doing the tedious cut and paste work regularly, you'd have a pole done and ready to go up at months end. Crazy idea?

Mint Sauce..... :LOL:

FluffyChicken":3pi8z2si said:
BotM has been running a long time now. Not everyone needs it to be the same boring thing.

Biggest draw, really?

Biggest draw is people helping and chatting about old bikes, then distracted by buying old tat.
BotM is a small 5min side distraction.

What he said.

Seems like a lot of entries still don't even have a build thread, it should be about nice bikes and linking into the rest of the site.

trail_head":6529604t said:

John;

Hell, I'm happy to help out with the menial work - I already spend far too long online every day, I may as well be doing something productive and helpful.

Re. building the poll - surely all you need is a plain text page of html code on someone's PC, which can be updated using info from the forum, then posted once complete. Maybe we could take it in turns each month?

So far I like these BOTM ideas

Gates
Mixed material frames
Ti only
Wifes (partners) bikes

I'll add some of my own

Italian only or maybe Continental Europe only
Canadian only
Pre 1990
Owned from new

Back