BoTM Ideas Themes or Suggestions

My_Teenage_Self":1a9qevr7 said:
Whilst I know a lot of people have opinions on this, I'd still like to see a £700 max BOTM. That is a bike that would have cost less than £700 when new, not today. A showcase for the midrange, if you will.

I do love our superbikes, but I think there's a reluctance for people to enter lower-end bikes because they'll never beat a merlin or a fat, meaning that they simply never get seen at all - a great shame, as for a LOT of us, it's all about nostalgia, plus BOTM is always full of 'Man, I had a bear valley just like that!' or 'I had that exact Cindercone in 1990!'.

My 2p.

Also, +1 for a full sus special.

Yep!

Like that a lot! Would love to see some mint LX!!

Easter special, well two months till that (End of April, it's so late) but some spin on eggs or a photo having to include a bunny hop... Humm might suggest that to PotM.

Not bothered about price Max special as how to you define the price. Mrrp but then you would need catalogue spec and to actually know the price. That and 700 quid is quite different in 87 to 97.

I like gas pipe specials
Hot rod specials
And year specials. Bike of 89 or bikes of 93 sort of thing.

Touring/adventurers sounds good.

Did we have a suntour special?

I can see flaws in a lot of them, but go for it ignore the people that don't want to have to dress up as playboy bunny and decorate their bikes in bows and eggs.

Year special would also have my vote, great way to bring the whole group of candidates more in relation with eachother. Bikes I wanted to have in '91.... '92....'97... Etc

How about a time warp special? Bikes that are in near perfect condition requiring little to no restoration.
Also maybe a beginning of biking special, pre 1983 to show the beginning of mass produced mountain bikes?

+1 for full suspension only month.

How about a "rider" month. ie; all entrant photos must be of the bike being ridden AND both tires in the air! That'll weed out the posers ;)

Back