BoTM Ideas Themes or Suggestions

trail_head":2a0q90kz said:
I'd like to suggest that John find a replacement for himself as organizer of BoTM. The pumpkin special (Oct) was ridiculous but, Dec 2013 has reached an all time low.

When did BoTM stop being about the bikes?

Come on John, There's dozens of good ideas in this thread. Pick one!

Flame on lads....

If you want to

a) decide on the poll
b) run the nomination thread and deal with the bickering
c) spend the time setting the poll up in a joyful copy and paste feast
d) put it out on social media
e) post to the front page

Then you knock yourself out, sure you do much better than me.

All this aside thought Halloween was ok, some interesting entries. Christmas seems less good so far.

Theres nothing bloody wrong with the theme for this months Special Botm, And its not the fault of the Organiser if people don't have the get up and go, to think of a great way to meet the criteria or take the time to do so.

what ever next.... :roll:

Sorry Carl, you're wrong!

There is a problem with this months Special BOTM. But there is no reason to attack John like trail_head just did!

To my opinion a Special Months theme should be a bike-related theme. The halloween and christmas themes are nice, but there's nothing bike-related about it.... Therefor it will become something like a POTM competition....

stumpjumper1990":3qpmymzd said:
Sorry Carl, you're wrong!

There is a problem with this months Special BOTM. But there is no reason to attack John like trail_head just did!

To my opinion a Special Months theme should be a bike-related theme. The halloween and christmas themes are nice, but there's nothing bike-related about it.... Therefor it will become something like a POTM competition....

I get your point. But with every body here, each I would hope has a bike, "Christmas is all around" us, How hard can it be to meet the requirements with a little effort/thought and still show a bike at its best..... pedals and all.

I fail to see why the theme could possibly stop a good well built bike being displayed.

And to be fair, the rules state two pictures, nothing stopping the first pic having a green Klein draped in tinsel and baubles as usual therefore meeting the requirement for festive spirit, and the second pic being just of the bike, say in the snow or even a studio.

Either way the requirement for entry is met, and its still about the bike.

Interestingly enough the idea for the seasonal BoTM had come from suggestions here. Clearly it was a bit of a fail, topped only by Specialized's this month. Reverted to normal, probably keep it bike related for future specials.

sinnerman":1q6vz22h said:
I fail to see why the theme could possibly stop a good well built bike being displayed.

That's my point! In that case it will be about the displaying of the bike and less about the bike itself.....

I know a good picture is needed for BOTM, but bringing in an extra theme in displaying the bike will distract from the bike itself..

To be fair I would have thought with the 10 pages posted on this thread, and a slower start this month, people would have been clambering for there fairies there bikes and there cameras.... :LOL:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=280079

got to be in it to WIN it.

:cool:

John":3tft73gp said:
If you want to

a) decide on the poll

Then you knock yourself out, sure you do much better than me.

All this aside thought Halloween was ok, some interesting entries. Christmas seems less good so far.

Have to back the Guv up here, I've helped a couple of times with BOTM and setting up the poll thread it is cut and paste purgatory, it does take a fair bit of work!

I wasn't trying to attack John but, he is the complaints dept around here. sorry if I came off too strong there Gov, I tend to do that (damn interweb).

Setting aside Carl's comments (does he ever agree with the group?), It seems to me that BoTM is the biggest draw around here. As such, it should be done carefully each month to satisfy the cyclical cravings of us great unwashed. I understand the scope of this undertaking and see how it can be tedious. I also know there are a lot of us willing to help. Johns list defines 5 rolls to be completed monthly;

a) decide on the poll

let's get some volunteers set up here and make this what we all want it to be. John should be doing d and e so he has proper control of the site, I will gladly take on a,b and c for the 2014 season. (I'm a mod on the RFG site ( http://www.ridingfeelsgood.com/forum/index.php ) here in Canada for many years now). c looks like the worst job so if we can get a bunch of guys sharing this monthly task no one would be crushed by it.

Thoughts?

Who else wants to help and can commit to a couple hours once per month to get this done?

Back