BotM April 2019 nominations thread

Great month. I have not heard of Fuquay yet, but love the wishbone stays. Anybody with a little bit of info ?

Spaltinho":14uokxaa said:
Great month. I have not heard of Fuquay yet, but love the wishbone stays. Anybody with a little bit of info ?

If I remember correctly Greg started at Serotta and built his Fuquays here in the UK before leaving the trade to go back to the aviation industry in the US. There’s a few nice ones on here :)

Spaltinho":xmuyg3xp said:
Very cool stuff ! Thank you for telling me about the builder!

I didn't know much about Fuquay, even when I bought the frame but turns out Greg Fuquay was a hand-made frame builder from mid 90s based near Ipswich I believe, he's largely disappeared off the face of the planet now and there is very little record (online anyhow) of his fine work as it was a time before tinternet and I think he must have stopped frame building shortly after mine was made - say '98 or '99 but very keen if others have info on him. Chipps of MBUK dealt with him a bit. Turns out they are pretty rare as they don't come up often.

Was struggling to upload photos and then you posted too quick on the draw :oops:

Had this month's BOTM nominations finished? If so, I'll refrain till next month

Back