Sorted Bontrager Frame - but I'm really fussy.

slackboy

Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Hi,
My race lite is getting lonely, so I'm looking for another bontrager frame. But I've got some particular requirements:

* Race OR or Race Lite - Large - in Deep Blue or Purple
* Ti Lite - Large

could be tempted by XL for the right frame.

Year isn't important - happy with pre or post trek models.

I know there are two frames on ebay that meet my requirements - but the prices are well beyond what I'm willing to pay.

So if anyone has anything suitable they are looking to part with - please get in touch. I'm based in the UK and would prefer if the seller was too.

Hiya ,

Have a XL RaceLite ( Santa Cruz built, Trek era) , but not in dark purple…

Also have a earlier L OR (pre Trek era) , again not in dark purple…

If of interest let me know , and will compose a proper post with images / priced etc.

No worries if not, I have seen the dark purple colour on a friends Bonty (looks black from a distance) , really cool, and can see why you are seeking that paintwork

Also owned & cracked a bonty Ti Lite, maybe I was unlucky but be careful
/ cautious of the welds running around the chainstay’s

Attachments

• 1E6D9F12-2CB3-44AE-816E-E51672CEC857.jpeg
    1E6D9F12-2CB3-44AE-816E-E51672CEC857.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Cheers, I've already got a nice black one , so I'm really only looking for the blue or purple one paint scheme.
Good luck with the search for specific colour…thought I’d mention mine in case respray was an option , something am considering myself on my own original Bonty OR for 2022.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Good luck with the search for specific colour…thought I’d mention mine in case respray was an option

Something I hadn't considered yet, but might be an option.

But a good paint job is expensive and no one seems to know what colour the purple actually is, not even @Carge and he owns one!

So by the time I've bought a frame and paid for a paint job and new decals I'd probably be better off buying the purple one off eBay !!

Luckily the market for bontrager frames is very slow so I might have a another go in a month or too via my friend in Germany.

If you know somewhere that'll scan it with the right kit and get the magic formula - you can borrow my frame :)

Back