Black GT Team RTS anyone?

Monkeyboy69

Dirt Disciple
New to the forum, I’ve just got hold of a Team RTS frame coming from the States soon (I hope!)
I see a lot of guys building the chrome ones but not the Black frame, polished rear swing arm.
If anyone has please point me in the right direction.
I’m told it’s a 93/94 frame. It’s tatty but I’m going to bring it back to its former glory… this was the bike I wanted as a kid, I used to have a picture of it above my desk… next to posters of Cindy Crawford.
thanks

Didn't the RTS1 have the black frame? just different specs i think.

I've got a chrome team RTS but also a flat capped USA built frame with a alloy rear end. I've not been able to confirm what model it is, but as far as I know, the frames were the same, though I think the team was available as frame only rather than a complete bike.

My black one has some differences compared to my team (which I bought NOS about 10 years ago now). It has a strange serial number too. One day I hope to figure it out, but in the interim I've had a rear end converted to disc and plan to build it using modern parts.

Over the years I must have had about 10 RTS frames/builds, the only other black one I had was an rts-1.

I've got a chrome team RTS but also a flat capped USA built frame with a alloy rear end. I've not been able to confirm what model it is, but as far as I know, the frames were the same, though I think the team was available as frame only rather than a complete bike.

My black one has some differences compared to my team (which I bought NOS about 10 years ago now). It has a strange serial number too. One day I hope to figure it out, but in the interim I've had a rear end converted to disc and plan to build it using modern parts.

Over the years I must have had about 10 RTS frames/builds, the only other black one I had was an rts-1.
When Rob Warner was sponsored by MBUK back in ‘94 he had a black team edition. This is what I hope to recreate. Hopefully i can source the parts, I’ve already found a mint set of rockshox mag21‘s and some Syncros bits. Enjoying the hunt.
from what I can gather the team just had a higher spec than the rts-1. Full xtr etc.

Yep, m900 back then. I'm not a fan of that groupset, never liked the shifting (it does look lovely though). My polished team has been through various builds despite the lack of mileage. I regret selling the Judy fsx I had, with England air upgrade, but currently settled on some new old stock custom 32mm Sid world cups with the carbon CSU and v mount lowers that I built myself after sourcing all new parts separately. I always thought the mags looked a bit weedy against the large alloy frame tubes. Mine is more a retro mod, with avid ultimate v brakes, m952 drive train and gearing, spin wheels, black controltech post, bars and stem, king headset and one day a risse rear air shock which I've not got around to fitting. I have had it built with m970 and have toyed with more modern kit but I think I have the balance right between old and newer without going too mad.

It's my keeper and I'll not sell it.

For my disc converted black frame, I'm probably going to hit it with some red anno, crossmax SLR, world cup Sid's and some avid carbon brakes with red anno to tie it all in. Might get some custom decals, but also toying with having it painted white and doing some decals like the white zaskar which I 5hink looked really cool.

New to the forum, I’ve just got hold of a Team RTS frame coming from the States soon (I hope!)
I see a lot of guys building the chrome ones but not the Black frame, polished rear swing arm.
If anyone has please point me in the right direction.
I’m told it’s a 93/94 frame. It’s tatty but I’m going to bring it back to its former glory… this was the bike I wanted as a kid, I used to have a picture of it above my desk… next to posters of Cindy Crawford.
thanks
i have a rts black anodised alloy rear end they say very rare with the piggyback shock and flat cap

Back