Black Friday

legrandefromage":2lv9emgr said:
You will find that your telly may actually be 720p and even 1080i so
It's neither - it's 576i, although does support a pseudo progressive scan mode over component.

Going back a while, I did a fair amount of DVD authoring, and video conversion of various formats, so I have a reasonable feel on it's capabilities, but your concern is very touching - I'm feeling all warm inside. Might be wind, though - dem der peas and carrots.

you could be in fact an owner of HD TV.

Shame on you...
You read me wrong - I have nothing against either HD TVs, or any other bit of tech.

I just rail against the disposable aspect of modern, wanton consumerism, and this stupid obsession of buying the most inordinantly large TV, that looks quite out of place in some rooms I see them in.

But bigger is so obviously and clearly better, and most don't really think about it any more - they're "told" what to buy. So they have these normal sized rooms, with these fecking massive TVs in.

But it may not be able play Blue-ray, but I think you even owning such a device would be far far too gauche.
Or 17) None of the above. But don't let that stop you - as you were, sunshine.

Re:

I love my big flat tvs. The latest batch use very little juice and make it easy to playback all sorts of media, as well as being very unintrusive when not in use. Bingo!

Re:

What are these 'tellys' you speak of....?

Haven't had one for over 10 years and can't say I feel I'm missing out, if they incite the sort of crazy behaviour of the last few days. Would rather be out on me bicycle.... :LOL: :facepalm:

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":2mjgwa2e said:

Haven't had one for over 10 years and can't say I feel I'm missing out, if they incite the sort of crazy behaviour of the last few days. Would rather be out on me bicycle.... :LOL: :facepalm:
Have to say, in the past few years I don't watch anything like as much.

Stuff recorded on the TiVo that I'm interested in, otherwise, I tend to watch stuff on a tablet. Can't say as I watch much live TV at all.

And in fairness to the charcoal Friday thing, well it's not just tellys, I suppose - they're just one of the obvious devices people will go bat-shit crazy over, with the slightest hint they're getting something a bit cheaper.

How did it happen, though, that our supposed love for all things queue related have become so coerced by "globalisation" and wanton consumerism. Yes, yes, yes, I know - that's voodoo economics at play.

LikeClockwork":2r9y0318 said:

Yeah but Bladerunner and so many other films dooo look soooo nice on my big ******* telly. And they sound great on my ******* great big stereo - which, incidentally, you cant blame on those marketing chappies as its not really available in Currys. Or even John Lewis for that matter. Their audio department has been so lacking of late.

Re:

I'm just really struggling with the polarisation (is that a word?) of human behaviour I have seen in the last few days - neither myself or anyone I associate with would ever EVER behave like that, it's almost like the emergence of a new breed of media and material possession driven android.... :shock:

(Yes I don't have a telly but I catch up with the gist of goings on through my ancient lap top....)

Neil":12z9umys said:
Have to say, in the past few years I don't watch anything like as much.

Stuff recorded on the TiVo that I'm interested in, otherwise, I tend to watch stuff on a tablet. Can't say as I watch much live TV at all.

And in fairness to the charcoal Friday thing, well it's not just tellys, I suppose - they're just one of the obvious devices people will go bat-shit crazy over, with the slightest hint they're getting something a bit cheaper.

How did it happen, though, that our supposed love for all things queue related have become so coerced by "globalisation" and wanton consumerism. Yes, yes, yes, I know - that's voodoo economics at play.

Tablet - you rail against the big flat TV buyers/ owners and you admit you onw a tablet, you have have been coerced by "globalisation" and wanton consumerism and you didnt even know, a victim of the said same marketing that makes people go bat-shit crazy over something they think they should own but are in actual fact a bit shit. Go on, be honest.

LikeClockwork":rccyv768 said:
(Yes I don't have a telly but I catch up with the gist of goings on through my ancient lap top....)
You'll anger the gods of BIIIGGGG TVs with that. They've smote people for less...

And all there was left was a pair of cycling shoes with smoke drifting up.

Cue the power ballad.

Fade to black.

Latest posts

Back