Black Friday

The brief look on the news showed obscure brands at obscure prices - I am pretty confident that this stuff was ordered just for the occasion. I think I saw some no-name 32" telly for £79 at one point. It really is bizarre behaviour and shows us all up.

I'm pretty ashamed and disgusted and it is only going to get worse.

article-1244118-07E85098000005DC-651_468x298.jpg

video-undefined-23913FEB00000578-361_636x358.jpg

The History Man":ef97dgr3 said:
Big telly in the lounge and nothing in the fridge for the kids.
My telly in the lounge, is big, but not in the modern sense. It's only big because it's a CRT.

I'm trying to think how long I've had it, now, it's a Panasonic 32" flat / widescreen SD thing with a DD and dts decoder built in. I got it in a sale, years back, and I'll replace it when either it breaks, or I'm sick and tired of how big and heavy it is. Yes it's not HD, and I've got more modern TVs in other rooms, but that's the biggest screen in the house.

Truth be told, I don't watch that much TV, so I'm happy with it until it fails. I'll have got my money's worth out of it, and even then I don't want a TV much bigger than that on that tearful day when I have to bid it farewell, 'cos it's in an alcove, and I don't want the room dominated by something so typically vacuous as a TV.

Plus I'm not down with this bandwagon of huge TV displays, anyway.

Neil":2flauwh0 said:
The History Man":2flauwh0 said:
Big telly in the lounge and nothing in the fridge for the kids.
My telly in the lounge, is big, but not in the modern sense. It's only big because it's a CRT.

I'm trying to think how long I've had it, now, it's a Panasonic 32" flat / widescreen SD thing with a DD and dts decoder built in. I got it in a sale, years back, and I'll replace it when either it breaks, or I'm sick and tired of how big and heavy it is. Yes it's not HD, and I've got more modern TVs in other rooms, but that's the biggest screen in the house.

Truth be told, I don't watch that much TV, so I'm happy with it until it fails. I'll have got my money's worth out of it, and even then I don't want a TV much bigger than that on that tearful day when I have to bid it farewell, 'cos it's in an alcove, and I don't want the room dominated by something so typically vacuous as a TV.

Plus I'm not down with this bandwagon of huge TV displays, anyway.

Certainly a huge display of something.

You will find that your telly may actually be 720p and even 1080i so, you could be in fact an owner of HD TV.

Shame on you...

But it may not be able play Blue-ray, but I think you even owning such a device would be far far too gauche.

Back