BoTM Bike of the month May 2023 - time to vote.....almost

Bike of The Month
It was my account that was hacked at about 3pm on Wednesday.

The hacker was using my account to try to sell some no doubt fictional items at prices too good to resist.
Fortunately raidan73 quickly recognized that it wasn't the real me doing the posting and challenged the hacker on it.

Adrian had my phone number and contacted me at around 5pm and I was quickly able to get back in control of my account.

In the interim period, the nefarious 'Bad Paul' obviously realised he had some delete thread tools available as part of my moderator account. Realising the game was up he probably started deleting the first threads he could find by way of some retaliation and spite.

Fortunately, nobody appears to have lost any money.
Unfortunately a few significant threads were deleted.
John is working at trying to restore the important ones from the site back-ups but it's a very time consuming challenge and not an easy task.

Last edited:
Just read this, what a pain for you. I was the Peugeot Team replica happy to post info back when / if needed

Thanks. I’m hoping John can recover some of the info, which is why I’ve held off for a minute.

Just realised today that he also targeted my sales threads and deleted a few of them 🙄 He told me I’d be sorry for messing with him 😂

Back