Bike of The Month July 2014 - The French Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Never heard of the US brand, i confess. Nice bike btw, i like those carradice cotton saddle bags. If this was a competition of curiosities, i would have entered mine. :LOL:

Re:

Does it count if I stuff the handlebars and seat tube with high grade heroin and I have my feet picked in Poughkeepsie :?: :?: :LOL: :LOL:

As far as I'm aware mbk were made in the same factory as Peugeot's in France using the same welding process but with generic and Columbus tubing instead of Reynolds.

Carl

If it was built in the Peugeot factory it could be the internal brazing that Peugeot were doing in the '80s.

1989_Peugeot_12.jpg

Robferri1987":3l85g9fi said:
Not french but i have a connection... ;)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=301254

London to Paris in a day on an 89 claud butler that's good going. Nice present to your sister. Its definitely the thought and sweat that counted there. I reckon your connection might well be approved.

Carl

Re:

HI,

For French connection: my Vitus Titanium (size 43) very rare model, only one known at the moment, after research, have found road model, never MTB model.
Have seen just one photo in VTT Magazine special titanium (1995). Sale for approx. 1000€ frame set only in 3 sizes 39/43/47, made in TA6V, beautyfull polished finish.
Vitus are French brand, based at Saint-Etienne. In this city whas born very celebrissim Manufrance brand.

My Vitus are equiped whith:
-Mix of Shimano XT-M737 and XTR-M900/910
-Rock-Shox Mag 21 SL Ti
-Wheelset Hope ti-glide/Mavic rims/Hope Ti skewers
-Litespeed seatpost, flite Ti saddle, ITM titanium stem, Ritchey bar and grips.

After ride in French Alps, little glass of Wine...

RichieB's 1994 Yeti ARC

Has Mavic 217 rims - is that good enough? :)

14052539760_b1696c731a_c.jpg

14052539620_9fafd37aa7_c.jpg

Obviously, I'll concede to ACTUAL French bikes - but there seems to be limited entries so far! :)

Build thread to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back