BoTM Bike of The Month August 2022 - Original owner special - now taking entries

Bike of The Month

raidan73

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
So this month we're having an 'original owner special'. To clarify, the bike must have been owned from new by the person entering it. If you don't have a build thread it would really help your cause to write one before entering, I think the back story and history will really help the entries. I appreciate many parts may have been changed over the years but the frame must be original.

Useful for the poll if you can structure your nomination as follows:

username's Year Manufacturer Model , e.g. @al's 1995 weird bouncy thing
Image(s) MAXIMUM OF 2
Finally please include a link to your machine in the relevant Reader's Bikes section. If you don't have an existing post now is the time to add one with as much detail as you like!
Link to all the rules http://www.retrobike.co.uk/wiki/BoTM_Rules

Nominations thread will run for the entire month. Entries submitted after August 31st will not be counted. The poll will go up shortly after the nominations close and will run for a week.

Last edited:
hmm, hard choice which one to enter, mostly original/period correct one or recent factory repaint and restomod.....have a few weeks to decide.

Shame I only have the original bikes of my father and sister in a presentable state, but I´m very much looking forward to this month´s comp. Apart from seeing your bikes I´d really like to hear some of your stories you´ve had with them!

Well someone has to start this off!

Clubby's 1997 GT STS 2 DSCF0556.jpeg dscf3066i.jpeg

Bought with my first proper pay packet after I fully qualified as a pharmacist, for £2399 back in August 1997!!!!!!
Still have receipt and all the owners manuals. Original parts are frame (but not shock), bars, stem, bar ends and seatpost. Have the original Judy forks but no elastomers or springs for them. Been down the road of selling it a few times, but something has always stopped it. The last time was quite recently as it doesn't get much use, but upon cleaning and photographing the lugs, I noticed what looked like very feint stress lines (as foretold in the build thread). Couldn't sell a potentially cracky frame, so it's back on display again.

Build thread here

Back