Bike of the month August 2019 - NOMINATIONS

Smithjss70":3188uqr0 said:
Great build and bike WimVDD!

Thanks, @Smithjss70
Congrats on the Yeti, it's incredible. Next project a Ti/Carbon Raleigh John Tomac Signature? :)

Re: munkey_bwys - Muddy Fox Courier

munkey_bwy":uvacz34x said:
I'm going to upset the shiny shiny bling bling crowd.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=399938

Appreciate the price you paid, it was a steal... :cool: But you could have cleaned and fettled it a little, its like you gave up before you started... :?

Sure its a competition, and there are lots of stunning bikes, but sometimes the effort put in can go a long long way, especially where Muddy Fox is concerned.

Just a humble opinion.

Re:

TOMAS 1994 Raleigh Dyna-tech Torus XT
Full Plasma welded Ti Frame/fork
Full XT M737 groupset
Campag Rims with Conti rubber
Very light & very clean...

Attachments

• 20190828_020946_resized.jpg
    20190828_020946_resized.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 4,718
  • 20190828_020845_resized.jpg
    20190828_020845_resized.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 4,718
Re: Re:

TOMAS":2khlg9r6 said:
TOMAS 1994 Raleigh Dyna-tech Torus XT
Full Plasma welded Ti Frame/fork
Full XT M737 groupset
Campag Rims with Conti rubber
Very light & very clean...

Ummm, very interesant :cool: , is diferent, I like

Smithjss70":1we7mexk said:
dq3qXh.jpg

I believe Yeti had instructions on how to route the cables. ( You actually did it right)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 4,620
WimVDD":1f37hh6f said:
I thought I had a bike in the shed that could compete with the (magnificent!!) Yeti, but it's far from finished. So I took another unfinished project and spent some hours to complete the build. Not as "hors catégorie" as the Yeti but still nice to throw a leg over (forgive me my lack of modesty).

WimVDD's 1997/1998 Ritchey Project 20

Ritchey Project 20 frame
RS Sid forks
Shimano XTR 950 front and rear derailleur
Grip Shift SRT600 shifters
Ritchey Logic brake levers and canti's
Ritchey Logic crankset
Ritchey WCS pedals
Ritchey Force Lite bars and stem (without decals)
Mavic 117 SUP rims on XT 737 Parallax hubs and Odyssey Svelte Ti skewers
Ritchey Megabite Z Max tires

Love the bike and build... it´s the fit that bothers me; TR never fit his racers on such small for the height sizes w/ this huge saddle to bars drop. It´s your bike and you ride it and this is more important than any of my opinions but it´s still a competition so...

Prodigal Son":34yvehev said:
WimVDD":34yvehev said:
I thought I had a bike in the shed that could compete with the (magnificent!!) Yeti, but it's far from finished. So I took another unfinished project and spent some hours to complete the build. Not as "hors catégorie" as the Yeti but still nice to throw a leg over (forgive me my lack of modesty).

WimVDD's 1997/1998 Ritchey Project 20

Ritchey Project 20 frame
RS Sid forks
Shimano XTR 950 front and rear derailleur
Grip Shift SRT600 shifters
Ritchey Logic brake levers and canti's
Ritchey Logic crankset
Ritchey WCS pedals
Ritchey Force Lite bars and stem (without decals)
Mavic 117 SUP rims on XT 737 Parallax hubs and Odyssey Svelte Ti skewers
Ritchey Megabite Z Max tires

Love the bike and build... it´s the fit that bothers me; TR never fit his racers on such small for the height sizes w/ this huge saddle to bars drop. It´s your bike and you ride it and this is more important than any of my opinions but it´s still a competition so...

I never had the honour to have a bike fitted by Tom Ritchey. ;-) For me a bike has to feel good when I use it for a certain purpose. I have been racing mountainbikes back in the nineties, I always wanted a very "racy" position and with that in mind, this Ritchey is the right size for me. For me the most important thing is and has always been the size of the top tube. I have a very flexible back so I could and stiil can ride bikes with my back in a very horizontal position. Don't know what TR's idea on rider's position was but I know what position I needed to go the fastest way possible. And this is it.

Back