Bike lights/Headlights on ebay

dazdc5":2kmjfcup said:
I bought one of these

$_12.JPG

fastened on me lid to compliment my Betty 7 on my bars... its worked fine and is darn bright only on one LED
I wouldn't trust the charger tho ... so its only charging when I'm in and around or placed away from combustibles :idea:

At £20, if you smash it on a branch or possible heavy crash, its a shoulder shrug rather than a major downer of picking up your wrecked Lupine!!

Bloody bargain if you ask me, don't be so snobby... :twisted:

if its strapped to your lid it might just leave a big hole in your skull during a heavy crash, that would be a major downer

Now have a lezyne power drive xl 400 lumen and a macro 350 lumen as backup. Seems plenty for my pace.

My thruppence ha'penny is avoid cheap rechargeable lights.

Why spend 2 thousand on the bike to have a light on it that isnt really that good.

And if the chargers going to go wrong and burn your house down with you all in your beds,its likely to be the cheap mass produced ones that come with these types of products :?

Re:

Got a couple of the cheapies myself. Yep, the waterproofing ain't worth nowt (and can be improved with a few DIY mods)- but I've had plenty of more expensive branded lights struggle to survive a British winter of downpours (particularly since I moved to the North Wales...). Basically I now consider it money well spent if I get a year out of set of lights for £20. My mates, who've spent up to £500 on a set of lights in the past, are extremely impressed on what you get.

If I thought I'd get 20+ years out of a set of the vastly more expensive lights - I'd fork out for them, but batteries don't have that kind of lifespan and lighting tech is evolving quite quickly at the moment.

The chargers are apparently very variable according to online reviews - but I make sure I only charge mine next to me while I'm working so I can keep an eye on it (and the two I have, have been fine for dozens of charges so far).

Do consider buying two sets though - so you at least have a spare battery if one decides to conk out on you when you are in the middle of nowhere.

Back