Cycles Wonder - St Etienne. (Pic heavy)

@Woz
I've just read your thread on the barn find.
Those bikes were in a far worse condition than ours. It's a pity you abandoned the project but chapeau to your skills. We could never have got that far with the Wonder.
I'm sure BIL would let you have this if you are interested in trying to sort it out. I would try to restore to showroom condition but just know that I could never source enough original parts, let alone do some of the spanner work.

Hope you enjoyed the thread, bit of a sad outcome, but I learnt a lot.

You BIL does have a bit of French bike history lurking there. A good overview here and some good pictures of the company:

https://encycloduvelo.fr/ravat-cycles-ravat-cycles-wonder/

Thank you for the offer, I have my hands full with too many bikes - 21" is also too small for me. It could be a nice project to wrench on, but having hopes of show room condition for these bikes is a tall order. Making them a good weather rider for tootling around is a bit more reasonable IMHO.

If you and your BIL really decide it's not something to pursue, there are a few options:
- Tontonvelo (advertise for collect, the right audience for this bike)
- Ebay.fr (advertise for collect, 0€ start auction and see what happens)
- Leboncoin (advertise for collect)
- Donate to a local Emmaus (usually, someone with a good eye would spot this and snap it up)
- Donate to a local bike charity
- Flea market

I'm in south Burgundy by the way - typically miles away from anything ....

It's hard to put a financial value on these in that state ( bottle of plonk, 20€ - 50€ ?) but someone somewhere would be very happy to work on this and help preserve a bit of history from a hobby perspective. In fairly good working condition, original paint, original parts these are about 150€ - 300€ . Something rare and worthy to be in collection is on another level altogether.

Thank you for that detailed reply.
BIL has joined the Tonton site, but I can't read what is being said. (Arrogant English man!)
I've passed your comments and suggestions on for his consideration.
He lives somewhere inland from Bordeaux and also complains about being miles from anywhere. Is anywhere in France near anywhere else?

Back