Bike friendly powdercoater in Essex/Herts/NE London?

Max P

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Anyone help with this please?

Failing that a decent firm that does mail order for a good price.

Need it stripped and finished.

Powder

Max, when I was rebuilding my motorcycle these guys came highly recommended.
http://www.triple-s.co.uk/
I used them for several parts both large and small and indeed the finish was excellent. Maybe a little more expensive than others but probably worth it.
Cheers, Carl
PS You havn't mentioned what needs stripping. For frame work Argos are generally considered the best
http://www.argoscycles.com/

The Powder coater in Wiveliscome Somerset I was talking about on another thread does very good work, my bro is into his BMX and one of his friends had a very expensive BMX frame done there, aparrently the finish was 'better than factory'.

Being Wiveliscome (and therefore a bit like heartbeat but with modern cars) they haven't got a web site, but I would be happy to arrange to receive the frame and return it to you once done if you can't find anyone local. Oh! FYI they media blast the frame first. £45 all in.

If Cambridge isn't too far, got my M2 Stumpy done by a company who were very bike friendly.
Masked up the threads and did an excellent job, including the stripping and a lacquer coat once I had applied the new decals
See before and after pics attached (sorry for the pic quality, very early digi camera)

Attachments

• stumpy.jpg
    stumpy.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 730
  • new stumpy.jpg
    new stumpy.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 730
Cheers chaps. Frame will be 531 painted steel - I need to de-clutter it first (removed braze-ons) then obviously a strip and paint. Looking at either black or maybe a nice olive or perhaps sage green? Will be a a classic fixed - ie all polished Campag etc but still a bike to be 'used'.

Liking that Stumpy, how much Huntso for the powder coat? - I don't want a clear coat on top.

Cheers Stick Legs - appreciate that offer.

Max, it was 80 quid for a strip,powdercoat and clear coat. They had a nice range of colours to choose from. Must say i was impressed with the way the frame was returned bubble wrapped and as previously mentioned masked up nicely.
If you want any more info, just let me know.

Latest posts

Back