Big boys picking on the little fella

It's gone viral+. Added my usual acerbic $.02 on their Christmas Wish List FB post. :twisted: Someone at the Special Ed marketing department is going to walk in to a shitstorm of epic magnitude tomorrow morning.

CRBS_zpsd56cb1dd.jpg

Just tried to order the "Merckx is better than you" T-shirt from Cafe Robaix. Their PayPal account is overwhelmed and can't process orders. :D

158844059.jpg

come to think of it i need more work;stumpjumper window cleaning;
new name from monday;or epic or sumat else of thiers :facepalm: :D

So specialized has trademark on a name and are telling someone not to use it because they own it, whats wrong with that? Yes I get the big fish bully bit but at the end of the day they own the trademark. What about if orange brought out a bike called an allez? Diddnt specialized make gt stop using the horst link or something because of that? At the end of the day its not really relevant that they are the big boys, they are enforcing their right over a name they have rights to regarding bikes.
that said if your name was mr macdonald and you wanted to open a burger shop would there be a massive backlash against the corporate giant for them enforcing the same thing.
that said again specialized really dont need to go down that road but they are and they are entitled to do so or whats the point in owning a trademark?

they have rights in the us of a not go and bully folks all over the world;
all so its a place in france;
like dyson wanting the term hoover just for them its been about long before they
started useing it .

Chute55uk":3vpp3p9f said:
If your name was mr macdonald and you wanted to open a burger shop would there be a massive backlash against the corporate giant for them enforcing the same thing.

I think the point is that you can work to the letter of the law or within the spirit of the law.

So a copy cat manufacturer making a "Ching Chong Roubaix" model could be seen to be "passing off" the item as the genuine article and in breach of copyright.
But a bike shop with the name of a French town called Roubaix in it's name is very unlikely to be confused with a bicycle.

Both breach the letter of the law, but only one the spirit.

Iwasgoodonce":1fzteod0 said:
Funnily enough that particular Specialized bike was on my final short list if I get a new bike in the Spring.

My short list just got a bit shorter.

Mine too.
This is totally unreasonable move by spesh.

Ive had a number of them over the years and i do like them. My next choice for a commuter/town maybe road was going to be either Specialized or Kona.

Im right peed off with this, i had them pegged as amongst the top of the better companies out there. Followed their designs and loved their Vids from the 80's

I feel they have actually let down the entire cycling community. This is very sad :(

Back