Bianchi frame cracking

greencat":m37sg0nv said:
I agree on Vernon. He's welded a couple of titanium frames for me. It'll be functional, well priced and quick turnaround, but not pretty. It is, of course, no guarantee the frame won't break somewhere else. I had a seat tube crack at the top, got it welded and six months later it cracked at the bottom. Personally, I liked his work as it gave a battle scarred appearance to the bike - but then I have a foot long scar on my torso anyhow.

Was that from the seat tube breaking ???

Don’t mind a battle scar look I suppose but it’s wafer thin that down tube !!

Carbonmtb":3obbpwf1 said:
greencat":3obbpwf1 said:
I agree on Vernon. He's welded a couple of titanium frames for me. It'll be functional, well priced and quick turnaround, but not pretty. It is, of course, no guarantee the frame won't break somewhere else. I had a seat tube crack at the top, got it welded and six months later it cracked at the bottom. Personally, I liked his work as it gave a battle scarred appearance to the bike - but then I have a foot long scar on my torso anyhow.

No don't worry, complete unrelated incidents :mrgreen:

greencat":3fdr3hb8 said:
Carbonmtb":3fdr3hb8 said:
greencat":3fdr3hb8 said:

No don't worry, complete unrelated incidents :mrgreen:
:-D

Back