best full suspension bike for £ 200-£300

What about a 97-98 Giant ATX 990/80/70 all pretty much the same frame (different shocks). I used to love mine! It used to eat singletrack :)

painter09":3vqemwbn said:
as your name seems to suggests you like orange bikes have you considered an orange ufo ? prices seem to be reasonable and well within the budget you have stated which could possibly leave a little left over for suspension upgrades ect.

The UFO is a URT which is widerly considered an aquired taste (if Im being tactful) - although there are one or two on here that feel the love for them.

As an Orangeman myself I have just picked up an Orange Mr XC for £177 on the bay - the lightweight XC version of the Mr O from when Orange-Animal were seriously frightening the big boys on the downhill circuits. Havent ridden it yet but its relationship to the current gen of Oranges FSes (Fives etc) seems pretty strong except it has a proper tubular front triangle instead of this monocoque marlarkey. The only problem is they dont seem to come up that often - this is the first one I have seen in about 6 months of looking. Will report back after the weekend pickup. It is a 1999-2000 model though so you would have to resign yourself to the wasteland that is the post-98 section.

I'd look at a Specialized FSR as well. I had a 2001 Stumpjumper FSR XC Comp and it was a superb bike. One sold on ebay for £195 a few months ago. I'm sure that would keep up with today's xc bikes.

Back