Best Bang 29er

Re: Re:

makster":1s6gynte said:
coomber":1s6gynte said:
makster":1s6gynte said:

That is a great deal.

Still find it quite depressing that a bike has an RRP of £1200 and has alivio shifters though, and I am as big a fan of saracen as anyone else.

Agreed. How can an 'expert' spec bike have such low rent kit for that money :roll:

I know, it's crazy.

I think Saracen go down the discounting model though, so dont ever expect to pay near the RRP, like Kona did for the last 10 years. For £600 that spec is decent, especially frame and forks which are the main things.

Re:

Well
I've narrowed to 2 bikes for now, Being retro must mean we move at a snails pace before the decision making, after speaking with many riders in my area, most are saying go with the 27.5 /650b bikes. And here is where the dice roll, not sure what they end up on yet.
Demo'd a S-Works Stumjumper 29er FSr and it was sweet, but spesh prices are not in my pockets any more.

1st Devinci Troy carbon xp
2nd Santa Cruz Heckler Am R

Re:

Bit confused?

If you can afford a heckler surely any spesh is in budget?

Not tried 650b but why not try one at a local demo or bike shop?

Re:

Coomber, granted these 2 are not spec'd closely but the lower end speshs close to the price of the SC are running alivio :facepalm:

Re:

That's quite a price difference!

You seem keen on full suss but have a look at the whyte 650b hardtails. Great bikes and reviews. Friend had just got one and he raves about it.

Back