Beloved Salsa A La Carte

Hi cjax,
Jez is a wise man hanging onto his Salsa - mine's not for sale either!!!

These things are like Rocking Horse Doo Doo.... and no one has ever seen
one with a paint job like mine.
I've spoken to Ross Shafer the motoman himself about it and he says they did have requests for 'less busy' paint jobs but is sure very few were done like that.
His then girlfriend Mari ( now wife ) was in charge of the painting and she had free reign to do as she liked so there are probably a few oddities around - I guess it depended what kind of a mood she was in at the time !!

------------------
'91 Salsa A La Carte
'97 Santa Cruz Heckler

yeh!

Nice to see another one about - this is the second rasta on here now so thats nice to see.

I have a few pics of other salsa in reviews or other owners that have taken pics...I've sourced so will add them to my gallery profile when I get a moment.

In all the days Ive been collecting I havent seen one for sale. They just dont pop up that much - pretty rare.

Love the bike mate! I have always, always wanted one of these.

I remember BITD (94/95ish) I was speaking to a guy following an ad in MBI I think. He had a 17.5" Salsa which he said was Jason McCoy's girlfriends old bike.

It is probably my biggest regret that I never bought that. I think it was £750-800 for the complete bike. Damn, where's that time machine! That's the only one i've ever seen for sale!

Hi Rick!

As Stavros said, always longed after JMC's Salsa (didn't know his girlfriend had one too!!!), beautiful frame....great to hear she's still out and about!

Jamie Tatlow had a campag jellybean Salsa, I'm sure there's a piccie of it in one of my MBUK's....lush!!

Rich

Back