Sophie Brookes (Jason Mcroy) Salsa ala Carte Jelly Bean

Rog

Retro Guru
Hi all

I figured id start my first thread as this bike has shown a lot of interest! Sophie Brookes, Jason Mcroys partners Salsa Ala Carte.

The bike was built by Neil who owned Denton Cycles and he has been kind enough to reply to my email and the bike will be heading off as it is to be restored. i will keep this thread up to date on the progression.

looking at period pictures it looks like the below is original
Frame (Salsa)
Steam (Salsa)
Brakes (Grafton)
Brake Levers (Dia Compe SS7)
Front & rear Mech (Deore XT)
Crank (Grafton)
Bar Ends (Onza)
Seat Clamp (Salsa)
Forks (Bontrager)

none original items
Wheels (Mavic on Deore XT)
headseat (Campagnolo)
Shifters (Deore XT thumb shifters)
Seat (GT)
Seatpost (??)
Chain (??)
Bars (Ritchey)
Skewers (Deore XT)

looking at the period pictures and speaking with Neil who built the bike the items im missing are Salsa no logo Skewers, Rock shox Mag20/21 forks, Dura Ace headset, USE Seatpost, Flite saddle, Nukeproof Wheelset & 3TTT Bars. if anyone has any of these items please let me know as i would like to get this bike to original spec over time.

parts sorted
7 speed set of SRT500R-71 complete with the correct gripshift grips (thanks @Once A Hero)
Salsa No logo Front Skewer (Thanks @LardLover)
USE titanium Seatpost
Bontrager Rims BCX 1 (front) and 2 (rear)
Dura Ace Headset
Rear Titanium Nukeproof Hub
Front Titanium Nukeproof Hub
3TTT Bars

parts wanted
Salsa No Logo Back Skewer
Rockshox Mag20/21 forks

afasdf.jpg
ASDad.jpg sfgddasf.jpg

Last edited:
Great to see it again Rogan. I'll be following with interest

Reactions: Rog
@Rog Looks like the original spec included gripshift too.
I have a 7 speed set of SRT500R-71 complete with the correct gripshift grips - let me know if they'd be of interest.
good spot just reading back on the email with Neil and he did say that the shifters would have been early 7 speed gripshifts

Back