Be wary of Mavic and Modolo goods on offer from china

Majority if those people complaining about PP, do so because they think all transactions should be free of any charges.

Re:

But at least on ebay you can see what the seller's feedback is and his history before you decide to buy anything from him. As far as Paypal's commissions are concerned, well it's a business like any other - you can always use a card.

When old Charlie Chan here shows up suddenly with multiple accounts, computer generated usernames, zero feedback, zero history and trying to lure us in with ridiculously cheap offers, only a complete idiot would go anywhere near him!

Feedback is king on ebay - I bought a C Record skewer from an Italian seller only to find out when it turned up that it wasn't C Record at all. I complained to him and he told me to send it back but I had to pay for the postage! I mentioned the obvious and he said that he had "asked somebody and they said it was C Record.." He wouldn't back down and the only thing that changed his mind was me signing off on my last email to him, "One VERY unhappy customer.."
Of course he knows that I'm not going to leave him positive feedback and that was the only thing that changed his mind. Before you know it, he did a complete u turn and refunded me the full amount and told me to KEEP the skewer too.

It's nice to have folk like that where it might hurt - it minimises the chances of them doing the dirty on you. Our friend in the Far East won't give a damn - he'll just keep on churning out new usernames and chancing his luck by copying someone else's listings but at silly prices! Interesting that he chose expensive bike parts to do it with, but then again, being the world's biggest user of bicycles maybe not!

Totally agree rusty. When I saw the unused 25th aniversary dura ace groupset in a metal box offered for £37 inc postage, my first thought was "crooked b" :)

It's not about PPs commissions for me, but the connections & rights they have to your bank account when you sign up!!
The dodgy ebay sellers are a minor issue in comparison.

Caveat emptor as always.

Back