BB help! odd one?

I've removed a few of the Slovakian copy Kinex with mole grips and a breaker bar in the past. No scratches to the BB shell either.

I don’t care if the bearings are designed to last until the sun engulfs the Solar System. Whoever thought plastic BB cups were a good idea wants one of said cups inserting into an orifice normally too small to accept it. Remove that you tw@t.
But being plastic they cannot rust into the frame.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I got the tool...it fits perfectly...I had two days of plusgass and 3in1 oil prior......HOWEVER......it won't budge, well...it moved about 1/4 inch with a ton of force, but the stopped.

Any trick I'm missing or is it just jammed in there forever? As its a kind of plastic maybe it can be chopped out....bit drastic, but I need the frame.

Well done for finding that Mr. Cheese.
At the shop we had the proper fag tool but I haven't seen one in years. There was a campy branded version with ISO taper in the early Campy Veloce groupset too.

You won't like it, but when they siezed, cut off as much of the plastic as you can. Use a blowtorch around the spindle end and as it decomposes, hammer it out from the other side, and it'll burst through.
You now have two stick cups in the frame.. Cut slots into the cups out towards the thread. Don't cut the threads. Use a cold chisel to remove as much material as possible, then collapse the cups inwards.

Couple of hours of brutal caveman work that you'd never want to do in front of a customer, but we did many and never marked any paint.
Just as per many jobs in a bike shop, the job could never stand charging the hours of work involved.

thanks, I'll give it another go and if not will try the brutal route....shame to destroy it but needs must as assume it'd melt during the powder coating process anyway.

@elite504 as in Lotus?

Back