automatic payments in Ebay 'make an offer'

pwebb

Old School Hero
maybe old news but , if you, like me, frequently use the Ebay option to send an offer to the seller, note that the default if it is accepted is now to immediately make the payment automatically from your default payment method. This means that if you want to use one of your other payment methods, you will have to set that as the default first and I also note you no longer get the 'your offer was accepted , please pay now' message. If anyone knows how to restore the previous behaviour please let me know :)

I've seen the same and it was definately for offers. I have made offer since and the payment has been taken as soon as the seller accepted. Maybe coincidence but I got this new feature, a term I use lightly, when setting up the ebay app on a new phone.

Just googled this and it seems to be a thing. Going back a couple of months, I made offers on a few bikes whilst on holiday. I had to re-submit card details and just assumed it was because I was abroad. Now I know why.
Strangely though, I just looked at one of my current listings at random and I cannot add this feature.

Back