"Aurora" Mountain Klein

Re:

Although the MS-1400 stem was still part of the XC9000 range in 1989 I used one on my Cannondale build, so for this bike I’d like to use something different, but for the sake of completeness; it is an option…

Bullmouse? Maybe. On “older” Mountain Klein’s with a single colour paint scheme they look fine but I don’t think chrome would look right on this. Black might work but I’ll need some time to think about it.

Syn-Crossis entry in this months BotM competition looks awesome. Probably because the paint is very similar to the Aurora scheme (bias I know), so maybe a colour matched stem and bar might look good on the MK (it certain looks good on the Funk)?

Re:

Me too 🙄 . Just need to find one now!

What can you tell me about them? Do they come in different lengths and rises?

Last edited:
Re:

Full original width is 580mm, usual length found is 120/135/150mm c to c but apparently 90 was also available. I think there were only two options for rise, 0' degree no rise or rise which is about 15'.

Re: Re:

sheard":2onlqw9g said:
It was just a suggestion. Sorry.
Sorry for suggesting something that's really expensive? No worries, I didn't take much persuasion ;)

I'm very curious were this build will go Casper ;-)
I will follow your project till the Klein is ready to ride!
Btw; I also figured out that it is a 1988 Klein.
Good luck! Greetings, Dirk

Re:

What do you think? Apologies for the crappy picture; I'll put a better one up tomorrow when the sun's up.

It's been severely shortened (now 505mm), so as well as repainting it's going to need two extensions.

***23/10/15 updated photo***

IMG_5974.JPG IMG_5973.JPG

Last edited:
Back