At least it was cheap...

slackboy

Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
PXL_20230123_090838928.jpg

Salutary lesson in actually looking at a bike properly before you hand over the cash.

Came with a non standard seatpost / seat which I checked moved freely. The rest of the bike is original so I didn't look too closely at the frame, but when i get home and look at it properly I discover that at some point someone has used heat to remove a stuck seatpost and done (pretty good in fairness) home paint job on the damage.

The problem is that at standard 30.4 seatpost doesn't fit in the tube anymore - its got a 30.00 to 27.2 shim in it so I'll stick a 27.2 in it and cross my fingers.

I suppose I can't complain too much for £30 - I only bought it because I regret selling the one I had earlier in the year

top of the seat has been repainted. the bottom is just dirt.
I'm glad you think its not immediately obvious - makes me feel better about it
Brother I thought that was the neat part of the bike

Mind you I've not slept since the day before yesterday and I'm pretty tipsy, but as far as I'm concerned that is a bicycle, and it doesn't look cracked or rusted to the point of oblivion and as such it is a success.

I assumed the top tube had some sort of sticker on it, protecting it. Hence the sudden vibrancy, but I like it. I think it's unique.

Back