At last, one in the right size!! (Zaskar content, pic heavy)

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":2i4cdb3l said:
Lynne, I never say no to coloured stuff off you, as you can see :LOL:
Would be very very much appreciated, thank you.

On their way to you now Kaz - went for white in the end so the Bandelier's looking slightly more co-ordinated :cool:

Re:

Thank you Lynne!! Really really appreciated, let me know if you need any coloured cable in exchange.... :cool: :LOL:

And good luck with the Bandelier build, will keep an eye out for updates. Still need to sort the saddle out on the GT, it's just a very tight fit, as in, the clamp area of the seat post jams into the sides of the saddle the further back you try and get it, so it's either swap out the inline seat post or get a different saddle! :facepalm:

Change the post if you can Kaz unless you want to take the chance of feeling less comfortable with a different saddle ..

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":37vj3yvv said:
Yeah, that's what I thought too, but as it works now and it didn't before.....I'm loathe to fiddle! :LOL: ....

If its functioning well enough in the present configuration, then the simple act of lowering the front mech a smidge shouldn't throw that adjustment factor off (it the mech is riding too high, there's a greater danger of throwing the chain right off the chain-ring when shifting), but will merely tighten things up properly.

Re:

Yep, will do some tinkering as soon as I can, with the saddle and the mech, it's simply a matter of finding the time at the mo! Am off for a long drive and a bit of a break in the Midlands for a few days, so it won't be this weekend.... :facepalm:

But maybe a break will focus my mind when I get back. And there MAY be a good bike shop just up the road from where I stay. Perhaps they'll have a seat post..... ;)

Re: Yellow Peril

Hey! Wonder if you ever got anywhere on the origins of the colour.
I’m in the 97 Yellow Zaskar club and just going through a rebuild.
Going to get her te powder coated and would love to know the original colour.
Spent many a happy hour searching!!!
Let me know if you got anything.... Will post pics when she is complete!

Re:

Thanks for this.
Going to get 2 samples of yellow at my powder coaters as there is a question between RAL 1018 and RAL1023.
Will see which one beat suits the original/looks best!

Thanks for the support.

;)

Re:

Sorry, only just seen this...! :facepalm:
Not on here very often any more.

Never did get any further with discovering the true story behind the colour, there are a few about but it's difficult to get a history. The guy who bought this off me, 'RickTheUncivil' on this forum, may be able to help further, think he still has the bike too.

Good luck with yours! ;)

Back