At last, one in the right size!! (Zaskar content, pic heavy)

Re:

Thanks chaps. Feeling a lot better now and things have even settled down work wise, so I gave myself the full day off and managed to get this finished (pics any second now)

Several test rides up and down the drive proved the gears worked, after some initial problems when on the work stand, to the point I almost ditched the front mech and went single ring. Turns out the adjustment screws are there for a reason..... :oops:

I still hate front mechs though :LOL:

Front brakes may need new pads, they're noisy as in perhaps gone a bit hard with age, and there was nowhere near enough air in the RST's, although they seem to have lost air evenly both sides, and I hadn't pumped them up for ages, so I'm not too worried about that. Sorted that and the ride was a lot better, previous to that every time I braked hard there was more diving on the front end than the entire Argentinian football team. Not that I watch a lot of football these days so maybe they don't do it any more.....

Still not sure when I will be able to get out for a ride though, lost the daylight in the evenings and I'm away next weekend, but at least he's finished and ready to go when the opportunity arises....

Re:

Is it a..........?

Attachments

• Zaskie finished! 004.JPG
    Zaskie finished! 004.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 584
  • Zaskie finished! 006.JPG
    Zaskie finished! 006.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 584
  • Zaskie finished! 005.JPG
    Zaskie finished! 005.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 584
  • Zaskie finished! 015.JPG
    Zaskie finished! 015.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 584
  • Zaskie finished! 009.JPG
    Zaskie finished! 009.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 584
  • Zaskie finished! 011.JPG
    Zaskie finished! 011.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 584
  • Zaskie finished! 003.JPG
    Zaskie finished! 003.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 584
  • Zaskie finished! 013.JPG
    Zaskie finished! 013.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 584
Re:

Yeah, that's what I thought too, but as it works now and it didn't before.....I'm loathe to fiddle! :LOL:

I'll tweak things this week, I may have a half day at some point. The saddle needs to go a lot further back too, stuff like that....

Looking great Kaz! :cool: . . . and I may be able to help you out on the brake front. The XMO blue brake pads on the little Dirt Research are annoying me as they clash with the navy on my USA flag bandana :oops: :facepalm: so I've been looking for an excuse to change them. Once I get another set sorted I'll be happy to post you the blue ones if they're any use (no wear, or very little anyway).

I've been having a massive clear out here and can't bear to have surplus stuff hanging around so if you can use them that'd be the perfect excuse for me to get some red or white ones (or hey, one of each :cool: .

Re:

Thanks chaps.

Lynne, I never say no to coloured stuff off you, as you can see :LOL:
Would be very very much appreciated, thank you.

Cracking job, I'm liking the colour scheme too that art stem works well with the rest of the bike. All you need to do is ride it health and work permitting.

mamadirt":czhjfg83 said:
I've been having a massive clear out here and can't bear to have surplus stuff hanging around so if you can use them that'd be the perfect excuse for me to get some red or white ones (or hey, one of each :cool: .

Red n white blocks seems a great idea Lynne with mixed colours on front and rear :cool: ..

LikeClockwork":czhjfg83 said:
Thanks chaps. Feeling a lot better now and things have even settled down work wise, so I gave myself the full day off and managed to get this finished (pics any second now)

Several test rides up and down the drive proved the gears worked, after some initial problems when on the work stand, to the point I almost ditched the front mech and went single ring. Turns out the adjustment screws are there for a reason..... :oops:

I still hate front mechs though :LOL: .

I'm really glad your feeling a bit better now Kaz and that work is more in your favour again :cool: , it never surprises me to see you cursing the front mech but glad you didn't give in and got it sorted although i have a gap of between 1 and 1.5mm on my setup which helps allow for more or less the maximum reach across the chain ring's ..

Any way the Zaskar is looking great by the way :cool: in it's multi coloured guise and that saddle looks visually spot on but if it's not right for you then move it ;) ..

Back