At last, one in the right size!! (Zaskar content, pic heavy)

Re:

Thanks Adam! :cool:

Think a yellow stem will be too much myself, and actually I do prefer the wide, black Syncros bars, even if they are too modern....perhaps I've just answered my own query!

Busy with work now and then away until Sunday, so no more will get done. Today just happened to be a half day. Need to decide on whether I'm going triple chainrings on it, as that will affect whether I need a front mech for it, and the BB length. I've neither a mech or BB suitable for him at the mo, so that's the next decision/purchase :facepalm:

Congratulation's Kaz on finally bagging one of your dream bikes in your size :cool: and yes i love custard so i'm drooling as i write :facepalm: but any way i think the black bars look great so put the blue in storage and not knowing you very well at all unless you really really wanted a 3x8 setup i'm under the impression the 1x8 setup will be more than enough for your usual requirements unless you had plans for doing a fair bit of challenging off road after it's completed ...

Re:

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, think will probably put the triple Sugino chainset off the Jamis back on it for now, would be nice to have some gearing options in case I do decide to get back into proper off roading! :D

Hi Kaz , well my thoughts are that just doing 1X8 setup is probably the best route to go down for now with possibly something like a 12x32 cassette to give a nice gearing selection and after you've put a few miles on the GT you'll have a better idea of what suits your needs better ..

wow never seen a yellow one before... didn't even know they panted any until 99. The yellow is cool, reminds me of the old pro performer

Always love a Zaskar. Looking v. nice. :) For what it's worth I quite like the alloy stem / blue bars combination as they mirror the forks quite nicely. Equally though I guess black components all round would be good too. :) I'm with you all the way on the battle scared decals though - kept the originals on mine too for the same reason.

Re:

Thanks chaps, really rather pleased with it. There are one or two yellow ones about if you google 'yellow 1997 gt zaskar' they do appear. Not sure what the story was with them, I can't see that colour listed anywhere, if any GT experts can help....maybe a special one off for a certain market?

Work has been mad and now I'm away for a few days before all hell breaks loose again next week, so I won't be doing much else to him for a while (so Lynne has won that race :LOL: ) but to keep the buying of new parts to a minimum, I'll be going 3 x 8, as that's what's in the parts box.

I'm not 100% sure on this but i thought i remembered yellow versions of the GTs being around in the late 80s ..

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I think I've seen quite a few yellow GTs (as per your links :) ) but not Zaskars - I've only really seen ball burnished or anodised Zaskars from the 90s; tended to see Panteras and so on in paint... probably just be me though, I'm no expert! :)

Found one on here from way back in the same colour way, btw: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39333&start=10

:)

Back