Are there any girls on Retrobike?

daj":3iy5e9br said:
The big question .....

How many girls on here that are girlfriends checking out what there other halfs are upto and spending?? ;)

:p

How about asking how many girls are on here because they have developed a passion for old school bikes because of the other halves? Or that have always been into the scene? Rather than making it sound like we are just on here to 'check up'... Personally I don't think my OH spends enough on his bikes, the quicker his Yo is built the better, and at whatever cost...

How about asking how many girls are on here because they have developed a passion for old school bikes because of the other halves? Or that have always been into the scene? ...

is that not covered in the original question then?

Im very sorry I just said it in jest .... I should of guessed it was sexest comment :roll:

Dr S wrote :

Oh and sithlord rode like a girl last time round Dalby

You cheeky fec*er :LOL: :LOL: :evil: :evil:

We dont all go to work you know, and sleep in the corner under the cat... after being up all night with the kids :roll: :LOL: :LOL: and anyway, I smoke considerably more than you.. :oops: :LOL:

All is set to change this year ;) you will not be able to keep up :LOL: :LOL: so you better get some miles in dude.. ;)

daj":1bg8kuo2 said:
The big question .....

How many girls on here that are girlfriends checking out what there other halfs are upto and spending?? ;)

Wor lass looks on here, to see what i've been upto, she's not registered, though does have a '97 Kona commuter. :D

I know 'dyna' is a girls name ,but its just my online persona :LOL: :LOL:

:? i do like shopping..........shopping for bikey things that is :D

jimihendrix":5uh1h7zh said:
CAS is a laydeeee too.

Not that I'm a stalker or anything :oops:

Not so sure about the "lady" bit but I won't invite those who know me better to pass comment on that score!

There's a few women who post on this forum and as an earlier reply indicated some who "hovver" and read. I did that for quite a while before starting to post.

I find with cycling generally there are many fewer women taking part than men and those who enjoy tinkering with their own bikes even fewer. I'm regarded as quite an oddity amongst my friends so I enjoy this forum a lot really.

Some of the comments in this thread would turn me right off this forum if I was a woman (and do quite a bit even though I'm not). Little quips made in jest might not be meant with any offense, but do contribute to a bit of 'boys' club' atmosphere - especially because there are so few women; it's not like there's really the possibility to 'give as good as they get'.

Jokes about women washing kit etc just aren't very funny tbh. I think some members need to remember that being single while aging, greying and growing (outwards) isn't a situation best solved by childish gynophobia.

thecannibal":2qqh94x1 said:
Some of the comments in this thread would turn me right off this forum if I was a woman (and do quite a bit even though I'm not). Little quips made in jest might not be meant with any offense, but do contribute to a bit of 'boys' club' atmosphere - especially because there are so few women; it's not like there's really the possibility to 'give as good as they get'.

Jokes about women washing kit etc just aren't very funny tbh. I think some members need to remember that being single while aging, greying and growing (outwards) isn't a situation best solved by childish gynophobia.

Thanks for the supportive comments Cannibal. Over time I've ceased to worry about being a woman and posting on the site - I'm sure most of us can hold our own and generally the guys on this forum are incredibly helpful and not at all patronising.

In the end we are people with a common interest and it shouldn't really matter if we are male or female, should it? .

I refuse to be drawn by the more obviously sexist comments and the Mods have been proactive in deleting inappropriate posts in the past which I think sends a message to those who go "over the top" so to speak.

thecannibal":3asc3vce said:
Some of the comments in this thread would turn me right off this forum .

You seen what women write about us fellas in more oestrogen-dominated fora, I don't think you'd be worrying yourself quite so much.

Anyway - as one who spends time-a-plenty in Denmark-Remember the female-dominated society in "the worm that turned" in the 2 Ronnies? That's Denmark that is.

Back