April/May 2016 builds and faffing

I have a 1995 Saracen Powertrax to strip, service and sell on and a 1988 Muddy Fox Courier which needs some loving :)

Re:

Just finished the Stumpy so now better faf with the C16r as it needs a new chain.

Re:

still trying to get my sbike 503 finished.new decals arrived 2 weeks ago off gil.waiting till june when i have two weeks off and the mrs is at work and i can use my pals spray booth. also my rourke which is still hiding behind the sofa and is slowly getting parts added to it.picked up a 2002 gt i drive 5.0 and a 92 dawes rough trade in bright green today at local car boot also some easton ea50 monkey bars stil in original box and unused.the whole lot for £85. oh and the only bastard thing thats still doing me tree in is trying to put bloody pictures on here.and before anyone says pictures or your lying,im definitley not :shock: :shock:

Re: Re:

Retro junkie":3p76ez14 said:
still trying to get my sbike 503 finished.new decals arrived 2 weeks ago off gil.waiting till june when i have two weeks off and the mrs is at work and i can use my pals spray booth. also my rourke which is still hiding behind the sofa and is slowly getting parts added to it.picked up a 2002 gt i drive 5.0 and a 92 dawes rough trade in bright green today at local car boot also some easton ea50 monkey bars stil in original box and unused.the whole lot for £85. oh and the only bastard thing thats still doing me tree in is trying to put bloody pictures on here.and before anyone says pictures or your lying,im definitley not :shock: :shock:

If using an android tablet/phone, it's a bugger if you take pictures using it.

You either have to lock it to a low resolution, oddly my tablet (well this hudl2) doesn't allow that in the default camera. But I just downloaded Photo Resizer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... otoresizer 2nd app I tried with a good rating and selected 1280x... Resize as that the width needed for here iirc and the filesize dropped to the right size to.
That was for the picture above.
Than just add file as normal method 'Documents' if it's in your list.

On a PC I have other programs a Mac or probably the iPad/Pod/phone things will need something similar.

Find it easier now than trying to host and get them damn annoying links that than send tablet/phone users to dodgy websites that hardly work trying to install their damn app every time you try and view them.

Anyway any problems start a thread with what setup you are using.

Some nice looking bikes up there and some equally dubious looking ones like in the first post ;-)

Re:

I successfully completed, installed, and set up the M900 rear franken-mech (that I custom hand-fabricated an SGS cage for - pretty much using actual hand tools only) onto my retro-mod Romax, and it works and looks picture-perfect!

Too bad I don't have the tekno-wizard skils to be able to up-load photos onto the forum (such a Ludd!).

I ended up adapting an M951 outer cage-plate and pivot bolt unit, behind which went a pair of lovely red-anno jockey wheels supplied by RacerX, which in turn are held into place by a gorgeous aluminum back-plate that I hand fabricated out of a sheet of scrap aluminum ... and it turned out as almost an art-piece!

And ... it all works (indexes perfectly, with my XT M-095 STI shifter set)!! All that work late into so many nights, and it came together just as I had hoped it might.

Other than re-wiring a pair of Cree riding lights (for which I also hand-fabricated a set of mounting brackets and plates) ... she's pretty well done (it only took one full year)

I'll now have to figure out a way of posting a build thread/story, with photos ... :facepalm:

Not a great deal really - been off the bike for a while now with one thing and another. Thought I'd try and get myself back into it all though by getting my Saracen back up and running - initially as an 'on the trainer in the garage' bike (to try and tempt my other half in to the retro fold :D) and then back out and about!

So I thought I'd start with a quick wheel building session; I have two 217SUPs in the garage, one gold and one silver, and a nice pair of black LX hubs. Very much a case of 'this is what I've got' (I'd rather have used silver hubs) but it'll do for now.

Only my second wheel build so looking forward to all that lateral and vertical truing malarky, but practice makes perfect. Took me quite a few hours on my first wheel, so hoping to reduce that a bit! :D

Attachments

• wheelbits.jpg
    wheelbits.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 380
  • wheelbits2.jpg
    wheelbits2.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 380
Re: Re:

groovyblueshed":2k5ggyyk said:
would be much better if you were using FIR rims...
Somebody shoot me....

...to be honest I was just glad I managed to stop the git from running off with the spoke nipples / spokes / spoke key and so on. Apparently they were the most intersting toys in the house. I supposed that's the downside of wheel building on your sofa... :D

Back