Sold 1-1/8" Threadless Titanium Steerer Tube

Star12

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Due to a change of circumstances this super cool Titanium Steerer Tube is now for sale. This was, eventually after a lot of trouble, professionally made for me in Germany but these are now becoming very difficult and costly to obtain.

It is 1-1/8” diameter, 240 mm long, Threadless, TiAl3V2.5 (Grade 9). The thickness varies over the length, to reduce weight, and the walls are a little bit thinner at the top. The top end can be cut.

Depending on what fork application you wish to use this on you can get it threaded or have a seat for the headset crown race fabricated. £95 SOLD

Pictures here:

The price doesn’t include postage. Payment by Paypal Friends and Family is preferred please. If you have any questions then please just ask. Thank you.

Star12

Last edited:
Hi, maybe it’s a silly question but how do you exchange the original steerer for this one? I could use it on my Mag 21 SL Ti.

Thanks,

I’m pretty sure that you can’t change the steerer on the Mag 21 forks; I think you have to get a whole new steerer / crown assembly. Maybe someone with more knowledge can confirm but I don’t think this Ti steerer is suitable for Mag 21 forks. More for forks like IRD, Bontrager, Pace etc.

Star12

I've never owned a Tange Switchblade fork so am not sure what work would need to be done regarding fitting a replacement Ti steerer to that fork. I would recommend Dan Chambers for any fabrication / modification work though, as he has previously assisted myself and others here on Retrobike with fabricating and press-fitting headset crown race seats to these steerers and other work etc.

I'm currently travelling but will measure the outside diameter at the bottom of the steerer, as requested, when I get home.

Star12

Back