Anyone heard of Pacific Cycles???

Doesn't anyone remember the greatest bike ad ever by pacific cycles of a rear view of a line of bikini-clad girls sat on pacific bikes? Or is it just me? :oops:

SouthCoastRetro":29zzkhvc said:
Doesn't anyone remember the greatest bike ad ever by pacific cycles of a rear view of a line of bikini-clad girls sat on pacific bikes? Or is it just me? :oops:

that was coloured tyres (the name of which escapes me at the moment)wasn't it ?

macaw ,just remembered

Pacific Challenger - my first MTB and was the entry level one I think. White with cobweb effect paint, 200GS, Rapid fire 21spd, and Pacific written in pink. Never saw another one but you seemed to get more for your £245 than with some other makes........................

mikee":3hhohkwh said:
there was a neat pacific folder on the gadget show the other day

Old thread but I have bought one of the Pacific bikes, but they dont seem to still be that known about still. I have bought a Reach Racing but the non-folding one. I bought a Scandium frameset.

Its at my LBS getting built up and although I have asked for it to be done this coming week, I dont think it will, so have to wait after I come back from holiday on 16 Sept most likely.

I will post some pics, it will be a bit different but will suit my needs and I am quite excited

Hi,
I bought my Pacific Super XT by mail from a shop in Sheffield, that was in 1989, I still have the bike and it rides like a dream.
Recently gave it a decent overhaul (out in the sunshine). Mine is Black with silver fading and I still have the original leaflet. My only bitch about the bike at the time was that I had to accept a 19" frame whereas I really wanted a 17" but the man in the shop said only had 19" so I bought it. It was really good value (£575.00) at the time as similarly equipped bikes were selling for close to £1000.00. I also have the bike that preceded it, a Muddy Fox Bigfoot 2 (£375.00 in 1984), a very laid back bike with 16" frame and 24" wheels and this bike was made in Japan! whereas everything since has come from Taiwan.

Back