Anyone ever lowered their car?.....

:LOL: ......I know mark, I know!.....it will only be doing about 4.5/5 k per year so I thought it would be fun......once I sell the battered fiesta it replaces it will have cost me about £500 to buy, it's in mint condition and to me seemed an utter bargain!......I have (clears throat) enjoyed a rigorous test period for a couple of days but hope to see 30 mpg plus as of next week onward!.... :roll:

It goes rather well though!....All growly n'stuff!...

I wouldnt lower it myself as the bushes on these are prone to wear as it is - maybe a better exhaust and wheels, and er, adjustable shocks and and and er, neons, big sub. Go to town on it!

DA-EVO":v2w5ht0f said:
feetabix":v2w5ht0f said:
I will elaborate a little, I've just landed on a 2004 3.0 v6 x type jag.....40000 miles with a full jag history......I got it for buttons and fancy tastefully modding the suspension to drop it on its 18" wheels!..... Midlife crisis onset ?....I 'dunno!....anyway.....it would appear on the face of it fairly simple. New springs compatible with oe shocks, few spanners, job done!.....we be like Ali g at the next lodge meeting!.....is it really that simple or am I missing something here?......does anyone really know what they are doing?.... :D

I don't know the suspension layout on that sort of car but you may well need spring compressors to complete it safely.

There are ways around not using spring compressors - but if you have them / have access to them then best play safe :D

WD :D

You and don in a lowered jag is going to have the sump worn through in no time,leaving a oil slick skid mark between your house and the nearest kfc.you also need to get it running on cooking oil you should have plenty spare :LOL:

Get the gas axe out and heat the spring till it collapses AKA the banger racers way of lowering a car :LOL:

Back