Answer Manitou FS on the Bay

GoldenEraMTB":6xy7qves said:
Yeah man...I'm just going through a nightmare of one myself :?

Is that with your Manitou? I was extremely tempted by that myself but was saved by living on the other side of the pond.

Hope you manage to sort it out GoldenEra

A link to some pics

Hi all- Had some time to restore/period specific improve the Manitou FS-
Still not finished yet, but thought I would show some pics to all who is interested. All original parts that I took off are carefully cataloged for
history sake. But I wanted to make it a bit more menacing- so I added some
high end parts and upgrades to the shocks that were available at the time.
Looking for a AC crown in Blue! and Control Tech Team Issue bar ends...Silver!
I may add a Bullseye rear hub with Sachs Freewheel along with a Proshift rear
derail. and XT thumbs. Not sure yet- The only parts that are modern are the
Yeti clamp on grips, some XTR cabling, the seat, the brake shoes and the springs in the shocks. What do you think? Here is the link:

http://www.robellion.com/manitou.html

-Eric

PS- I am very aware that it may be controversial to modify this bike since it has some history being that it was a Hershey Team bike, this is why I was careful to keep all parts if the bike will be restored back to it's "race" state from the 90's.

beepbeep":1xsidlrd said:
GoldenEraMTB":1xsidlrd said:
Yeah man...I'm just going through a nightmare of one myself :?

Is that with your Manitou? I was extremely tempted by that myself but was saved by living on the other side of the pond.

Hope you manage to sort it out GoldenEra

Oh no, that transaction was a dream- I sold it to a collector in Alaska. He loved it and left me sterling feedback.

No, I was having a hard time with a gold BB special edition stumpy I had bought.

Thanks for the well wishes though; appreciate it :)

Re: A link to some pics

Robellion":1kmxzdtf said:
Hi all- Had some time to restore/period specific improve the Manitou FS-
Still not finished yet, but thought I would show some pics to all who is interested. All original parts that I took off are carefully cataloged for
history sake. But I wanted to make it a bit more menacing- so I added some
high end parts and upgrades to the shocks that were available at the time.
Looking for a AC crown in Blue! and Control Tech Team Issue bar ends...Silver!
I may add a Bullseye rear hub with Sachs Freewheel along with a Proshift rear
derail. and XT thumbs. Not sure yet- The only parts that are modern are the
Yeti clamp on grips, some XTR cabling, the seat, the brake shoes and the springs in the shocks. What do you think? Here is the link:

http://www.robellion.com/manitou.html

-Eric

PS- I am very aware that it may be controversial to modify this bike since it has some history being that it was a Hershey Team bike, this is why I was careful to keep all parts if the bike will be restored back to it's "race" state from the 90's.
thanks for sharing the pics erik! how about posting your bike in the readers bike section? would get you far more feedback.
btw. the saddle on the new pics is... going to be exchanged, right? :D how about an avocet r40?

Latest posts

Back